Manager: Customer/Visitor/Volunteer Services
Posting Date: 3/05/2014
Closing Date: 3/21/2014
Job Title: Manager: Customer/Visitor/Volunteer Services
Employee Classification/Status & Hours: Exempt, RFT, 40 hours per week
Position responsible for maintaining positive impression of organization received by first-time callers/visitors/customers, which directly impacts member retention. Responsible for managing all functions of the Customer Service Department, Visitor Center Reception, Volunteer Workroom and Call Center to include: quality customer service and and fulfillment; staffing, employee development, training and performance planning; marketing promotions, cash handling/deposits, direct mail and email response and product-related functions.
Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Develop and manage a customer service team focused on prompt responses to inquiries from seekers and members, serving customers in prompt and positive manner, to ensure excellence in customer service with every customer contact.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Customer Service Manager responsibilities include:
- Administration and management of day to day customer service operations and department procedures, to include pro-active forecasting of staffing/scheduling requirements based on volume demands, shift schedules, time off request; expedite workflow.
- Develop strategic plan for goals and objectives for Customer Service Department.
- Staff management responsibilities to include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Coach and develop CSAs to deliver a quality customer experience and enhance sales performance.
- Set and monitor expectations for CSA work performance; respond to and address performance expectations, providing additional training and resources when applicable and as needed.
- Supervision of customer service associates (CSA), to include providing daily instruction and assistance; address complaints, resolving problems and grievances; maintain staff harmony
- Monitor work productivity of CSAs, website order entry, daily batching and deposits, and monthly reoccurring gifts process
- Monitor service calls to observe employee demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to department procedures and company policies;
- Provide assistance with concept/philosophical questions and recommend corrective services to address customer complaints and issues
- Monitor processing of automatic membership renewal (Standing Orders) for quality control on daily basis
- Monitor all marketing promotions, including Astrology; monitor quality control and deadline commitments; serve as order entry/fulfillment back-up
- Update and maintain all CSA resource materials, to include all response materials, marketing promotions and department procedure manuals; respond to/resolve department equipment issues (headsets, printers, etc.)
- Provide communication/follow up to insure CSA’s are fully informed of new information related to products, procedures, customer needs and company related issues, changes or actions
- Reports management to include monthly submission of statistical reports for accounting purposes; customer service requests and complaints record retention.
- Provide on-site coordination and assistance with all major promotions, month-end balancing and year-end processing; process order correction batches and refunds.
- Review, research and field all questions related to web site before forwarding to Marketing Department.
- Coordinate with Information Technology staff in maintaining database
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Visitor Center Reception responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance in administration and proper maintenance of operating procedures for Visitor Center Services and CSAs, in order to provide full range of A.R.E. services to all visitors/guests
- Ensure excellent customer service and pleasant visitor experiences are being provided by CSAs; monitor tours, lectures and demonstrations to ensure an accurate, enjoyable experience and activities provided to keep the visitor engaged and stimulated while on campus.
- Oversee Visitor Center Supervisor in maintaining Global meeting calendar, voicemails; literature in lobby and space usage agreements,
Volunteer Services Manager responsibilities include:
- Develop and plan strategy for goals/ objectives, including budget and programs for Volunteer Services
- Monitor Volunteer Call Center to ensure responses of questions on the Edgar Cayce Readings are accurate and responsible
- Liaison with departments for Volunteer project requests; ensure Volunteer Workroom projects are completed on time and accurately
- Respond to and resolve issues and/or problems
- Maintain Volunteer database and hours in Aptify and Access systems.
Required Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and
- Associate’s degree in business administration or a related field, and
- Three to five years experience order entry/customer service field required, and
- Three years experience in supervising and managing call center operation required, or
- Equivalent combination of education/experience in customer service or related field
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation.
- Good working knowledge of A.R.E. resources and available services required
- Ability to work under broad supervision, with high level of independent judgment, permitting wide latitude for independent action.
- Must be a self-starter who can work and interact well with people at all levels both internally and with members/customers and general public
- Strong organizational skills necessary to handle several projects/deadlines simultaneously and ability to actively communicate to all levels of organization deadlines and priorities
- Ability to prioritize and set objectives to achieve organizational, budgetary and departmental goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written required
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, PC platforms, order entry software required; membership management software (Aptify) preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to quickly diagnose and resolve issues.
- Strong oral/written communications for both external and internal customers, excellent interpersonal skills, and data analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully supervise and manage call center operation
- Ability to provide a high level of service and maintain strong customer focus
- Tact, diplomacy and the willingness to be helpful are essential
- Ability to focus attention to detail, flexibility, and capacity to re-prioritize quickly,
- Must have an even temperament and be able to handle high volumes of work efficiently
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement, and enthusiasm.
- A good sense of humor.
Special Job or Training Demands
- Familiarity with the Edgar Cayce readings philosophy and commitment to the work and purpose of A.R.E. is desired.
- Must be available to work schedule that includes end-of-month and end-of-year attendance
- Good physical stamina is necessary. The job requires movement between buildings, including walking on uneven ground and using staircases in historical buildings without elevators.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of twenty pounds (when necessary) with promotional materials.