Health Center & Spa Associate
Posting Date: 5/23/14
Closing Date: 6/17/14
Job Title: Health Center & Spa Associate
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Status & Hours: Regular Part-Time, 20-29 hrs/week
Department: Health Center/Spa (#403)
Position Reports To: Health Center/Spa Supervisor
To provide excellent, individualized customer service to clients and guests, handle inquiries, schedule appointments, maintain financial and client history records, and serve the clients of A.R.E. Health Center and the guests of the A.R.E. Evening and weekend availability required.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Greet and provide excellent customer service to all visitors, clients and callers.
- Answer and provide excellent service to all incoming callers.
- Utilize department’s resources to develop a knowledge base about therapies offered.
- Respond to requests, provide information about massage and spa services in person, by telephone, mail, e-mail, and by detailed referrals to our website.
- Keep accurate records of appointments, schedule appropriate therapists, and maintain the timely performance of all appointments.
- Communicate detailed information respectfully and with clarity to clients, therapists and co-workers.
- Record cash, check and credit card payments from clients accurately and submit daily deposits and transmittals to the Financial Services Department.
- Maintain accurate tracking for client, therapist and financial records.
- Train and monitor performance of department’s volunteers.
- Maintain smooth operation of department when scheduled alone.
- Assure and maintain the department’s public areas as being well-ordered in appearance
- Keep the department’s facilities well-stocked and clean; re-stock as appropriate; refer any problems to Buildings and Grounds department, as appropriate
- Other related duties, activities and responsibilities as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School education or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience in customer service or medical office experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Edgar Cayce readings, massage and holistic health preferred.
- Proficient with numbers and personal computer systems (Windows XP, Firefox Mozilla & Microsoft Office)
- Massage/Bodywork experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work performed under broad supervision.
- Work requires some independent judgment.
- Must be able to work calmly amid multiple interruptions and distractions.
- Work requires some analytical ability, a high degree of accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Must be tactful and diplomatic in dealing with public and co-workers
- Ability to identify potential problems and resolve situations tactfully and promptly
- Team spirit and a positive attitude are required.
- Basic knowledge of massage and holistic health helpful.
- Position regularly deals with outsiders and all levels within the organization
- Ability to work a schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity -- demonstrating adaptability, engagement, and enthusiasm.
- A good sense of humor.
Special Job or Training Demands:
Basic knowledge of massage and holistic health helpful.
- Familiarity with the philosophy in the Edgar Cayce readings and a belief in the work of A.R.E. and its purpose is desired.
- Ability to follow guidelines for emergency procedures.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- The ability to move between buildings on uneven ground and to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators is required.