Posting Date: 1/23/15
Closing Date: 2/06/15
Job Title: Membership-Marketing Coordinator
Employee Classification (Status & Hours):
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Status & Hours: Regular Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Department: Membership/Marketing (#710)
Position Reports To/Evaluated By: Marketing Director
Provide assistance to Marketing Director and Membership/Marketing Manager in the coordination of the organization’s membership, marketing and public relation activities. Includes composing membership correspondence, posting to social networking, copy writing, news release composition and delivery and fulfillment of interview/speaker requests.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Maintain, update, and track both mail and email notifications to members for critical events including but not limited to: declined cards, expiring cards, and gift membership expirations.
- Compose letters of correspondence via mail merge.
- Coordinate membership inventory to include brochures, letters, envelopes, press kits, and premiums for internal, volunteer and production utilization.
- Fulfill reprint requests and premium orders from Lobby Desk; as assist with membership signage for Visitor Center.
- Coordinate and submit “Volunteer Requests” for ongoing projects to include new inquiry packages, quarterly magazine and newsletter mailings and fulfillment of field requests for materials, etc.
- Complete monthly IT requests
- Coordinate and verify mailing dates for monthly campaigns and renewal notices with Production department.
- Post daily to online social networking sites, including but not limited to, Facebook, Meetup, Google+, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Coordinate with Google AdWords and Google Grants to create and track online advertising for the organization.
- Create online event advertisements on Facebook, Meetup, AlternativesforHealing.com, and other websites as deemed appropriate for the locale in which the event is taking place.
- Update Google Calendar for Virginia Beach events as required.
- Assist Director and Membership/Marketing Manager with creation, addition and maintenance of an online blog; includes tracking submissions, routing for approval and obtaining author approval for edits.
- Compile, write and edit related information for news releases.
- Deliver timely news releases to media, news outlets, to include upcoming conferences, new books, author’s events, special events and other news-worthy communications or events, as required.
- Coordinate, update and maintain media database for both direct mail and email of Press Kits for new A.R.E. Press and 4th Dimension Press books, news releases and promotional opportunities; develop new lists as requested.
- Coordinate new “cell phone” tour for headquarters; edit and update as necessary.
- Provide assistance in the weekly coordination of fulfillment of media and local event requests for speakers, interviews, Reflections Internet and Radio Show.
- Develop and maintain database of bios for presenters and authors.
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager with output and format interactive versions of A.R.E. quarterly magazines and newsletters; create/write copy for various formats as needed.
- Other related duties, as needed or requested.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field; or
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience; and
- Recent web-based marketing knowledge, skills and experience; and
- Two years marketing experience required, preferably in membership or nonprofit organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher required.
- Working knowledge of Adobe programs, such as Photoshop and In-Design, preferred.
- Familiarity with general Customer Management Software (CMS) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required, oral and written, to exchange information with a variety of individuals.
- Requires strong skills in proofreading and data analysis.
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines required.
- Strong interpersonal skills in problem solving, tact, diplomacy and objectivity required.
- Polished public speaking skills required, demonstrated through experience.
- Excellent organization skills and detail orientation, yet the ability to keep an eye on the bigger picture
- Good working knowledge of A.R.E. resources and available services.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration
- Ability to recognize priorities and objectives set by director; ability to set priorities among competing jobs, using values of importance to the organization, departmental needs, and urgency as some of the criteria.
- Ability to work with direct supervision, with average level of independent judgment, permitting latitude for independent decision making with changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, with the general public and co-workers – demonstrating patience, diplomacy, persistence, kindness, and clarity is required.
- Ability to focus attention to detail, flexibility and capacity to re-prioritize quickly is required.
- Required ability to provide a high level of service, display positive attitude toward helping others and maintain a strong customer focus with demonstrated enthusiasm/respect in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation is required.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm is required.
- A good sense of humor
Scope and Impact of the position:
Interactions with employees, members, potential members, the public and the media has a significant effect on the reputation, accomplishment of goals/mission and the financial health of the entire organization.
- Prolonged visual and mental attention required.
- Some walking and stair climbing required (walking on uneven ground and using stairs in historical buildings without elevators.)