Customer Service Quality Control Specialist
Posting Date: 1/05/16
Closing Date: 1/19/16
Job Title: Customer Service Quality Control Specialist
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Status & Hours: Regular Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Department: Customer Service
Position Reports To/Evaluated By: Customer Service Manager
Send Resume: email@example.com
Perform quality control review of Customer Service department process to include incoming
mail, data and order entry and code verifications. Monitor processes for application of
organizational policies and department procedures to ensure quality standards are met. Track,
batch, and deposit all funds processed for the organization. Assist with month-end processes
as required by Customer Service and Accounting departments’ procedures.
Job contingent upon satisfactory passing of standard background security check.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Ensure prompt and accurate data and order entry by customer service associates;
provide feedback on errors as needed.
- Maintain control log for mail and corresponding payments; ensure that all monies are
controlled, accounted for, and deposited on a daily basis.
- Open and sort mail by category: contributions, membership, conferences, sales; batch
together according to category type as established by department procedures
- Code sources; date and assign batch numbers; balance and prepare deposits
- Maintain and update file of codes used for financial processing; code items to be
batched and review for accuracy.
- Set up, update and maintain file for memorial and special transaction codes and for
automatic and recurring donations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current offers, promotions and codes. Monitor use of
business reply and return postage accounts; replenish funds as needed.
- Month-end responsibilities to include verification of all processed payments (cash, credit
card), posting of all batches, batch report tallied and balanced.
- Verify that Total Funds Processed balances and matches with both Finance Department
total deposits and IT Department summary...
- Process scholarship requests, life membership payments, returns, and gift membership
- Other related duties and activities as needed and/or requested.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School graduate with business training or equivalent required;
- Minimum of four years’ work experience required in accounting, customer service, to
include cash handling responsibilities; experience with membership management
software, (Aptify) preferred;
- Two or more year’s college/technical school study in accounting, business or closely
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce
readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation is required.
- Solid knowledge and comprehensive application of internal controls is required.
- Good working knowledge of A.R.E. resources and available services is desirable.
- Intermediate level of analytical, technical and problem solving skills required.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills required in Microsoft Office including Outlook,
Excel, Word, web-based tools.
- Intermediate level of typing/data entry skills required, with high visual acuity and close
attention to detail/accuracy required; ability to operate a ten key calculator.
- Excellent communication skills -- oral, written and listening– demonstrating cooperation,
diplomacy, persistence, kindness, and clarity – is required.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills required – including the continuous
demonstration of courtesy, friendliness, patience, kindness, and cooperation with a
- Required ability to set priorities among competing responsibilities, using values of
importance to the organization, departmental needs, and urgency as some of the
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently while working under broad supervision and
exercising independent, professional judgment.
- Ability to work in an organized manner, providing consistent follow up on tasks;
attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently; be knowledgeable,
helpful, and congenial with members, donors, and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to keep confidential all Customer Service and A.R.E. related
information, including donor, member, customer and staff information required.
- Emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and
- A good sense of humor.
Special Job Requirements:
- Job contingent upon satisfactory passing of standard background security check.
- Requires lengthy periods of sitting and using a computer keyboard, looking at a
- On occasion may need to walk on uneven ground and use staircases in historical
buildings without an elevator.