Visitor Center Customer Service Associate I (ON-CALL)
Posting Date: 5/07/13
Closing Date: 5/24/13
Job Title:Visitor Center Customer Service Associate I
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Status & Hours: (ON-CALL)
Department: Visitor Center (#540)
Position Reports To: Visitor Center Supervisor
Ensure all visitors have a positive and memorable experience by cordially greeting, orienting and assisting Visitor Center visitors and guests by providing excellent customer service.
Provide a positive and warm welcome to visitors and respond to requests for service or information. Answer all incoming calls for the organization in a prompt, courteous manner and provide assistance to the caller whenever possible. Assist with order entry, membership and conference registration responsibilities. Evening and weekend availability required.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Cordially greet, orient and assist visitors while providing up-to-date handouts and literature.
- Answer/research questions about Edgar Cayce, the readings, and functions of the A.R.E.
- Research and guide visitors to information on the website
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of upcoming events and daily activities through Global Calendar schedule and monitoring Visitor Center email account for updates and notices.
- Provide necessary replacements, substitutions, notice of cancellations, etc. as required for daily activities
- Promote memberships, events and activities of the organization and its affiliates
- Perform data entry of memberships, catalog orders, conferences, prayer requests, inquiries, etc. into the customer database
- During conferences, assist in conference registration responsibilities and accommodate other reasonable requests as needed
- In response to visitor inquiries, provide updated information about the local area such as dining, hotels, shopping, local attractions, and recreational destinations, using internet search and apps, ie Mapquest.
- Lead tours and ESP lectures
- Respond to crisis situations, such as emotionally disturbed visitors or callers, and any emergencies as outlined in the procedures manual.
- In professional manner, answer telephone promptly; assist callers and facilitate transfers to the appropriate extensions or departments.
- Maintenance of first and second floor lobby areas as neat and orderly; replace and update literature as needed.
- Follow daily open and close procedures
- Cross-train to handle other responsibilities within the Customer Service department to provide back-up coverage during vacations and other critical shortage situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma with business training experience or equivalent required.
- Minimum two years customer service/retail sales experience or equivalent required;
- Minimum two years experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, internet search and apps required;
- Minimum two years data entry experience required, Aptify experience a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Atlantic University policies/procedures regarding registration, tuition payment, and financial systems practices
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and ProStore preferred but not required
- Knowledge of the Edgar Cayce readings preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Outlook skills required.
- Excellent database management skills required, including data entry and monitoring/updating web pages
- Excellent editing/proofreading skills required, with emphasis on accuracy and close attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written – required, including web text.
- Excellent records management skills required.
- Ability to provide a high level of service and maintain strong customer service focus
- Ability to prioritize and set objectives to achieve organizational, budgetary and departmental goals
- Ability to learn and use software systems: Aptify, QuickBooks, ProStore
- Ability to work effectively with students, other staff, faculty members, the state and federal agencies that oversee higher education and academic accrediting organizations – demonstrating patience, persistence, kindness, and clarity.
- Ability to be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to and understanding of confidentiality, the ethics and legal requirements related to academic records.
- Ability to perform work under minimal supervision, after mastering specific tasks.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm.
- A good sense of humor.
Special Job or Training Demands:
Ability to train and learn new software, currently Aptify
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, occasionally lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Visual and auditory acuity and physical mobility are required.
- The ability to move between buildings on uneven ground and to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators is required.