Café Associate – Weekend On-Call
Posting date: 9/23/2014
Closing date: 10/16/2014
Job Title: Café Associate/WeekEnd – ON-CALL
Employee Classification (Status & Hours): Non Exempt, ON-CALL
Attend to the food and beverage needs for all customers and guests of the Cayce Café. Provide exceptional customer service in a café setting to visitors, guests, conferees, members, students, faculty and staff by providing a friendly environment and maintaining an enthusiastic and positive manner.
Responsible for staffing counter sales of food, beverages, merchandise during weekend conferences and events. Food service work to include sanitation duties, knowledge of proper food handling procedures and state health department regulations. Responsible for protecting company assets as cash and other payment methods, i.e. credit card information. Represent the A.R.E. (our purpose, work, administration, staff, volunteers, board and membership) in the most positive light as possible.
Evening and weekend availability required.
Job contingent upon satisfactory passing of background security check
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Staff the counter sales of food/beverages/merchandise during weekend conferences and events.
- Prepare menu items to be offered during weekend conferences and events using proper food preparation methods.
- Promptly obtain and prepare food and drink orders; deliver outstanding customer service to each customer.
- Collect and process café food/drink payment, including use of cash register point of sale system; issue returns/refunds as appropriate and/or necessary.
- Ensure café’s public areas are well ordered in appearance and cleanliness; notify Director of any problems to be corrected by Buildings and Grounds department as appropriate.
- As a food service facility, establish and maintain food prep and kitchen sanitation requirements established by State Board of Health Department; ensure facility complies with all regulations, including satisfactory pass on routine inspections.
- Perform weekend opening, closing, post-shift breakdown and cleaning procedures.
- Follow recording and safekeeping procedures as established in cash/credit card handling procedures manual; record check and credit card payments accurately; balance cash drawer.
- Generate and submit tablet weekend sales reports to Director.
- Protect the assets of A.R.E. through the secure handling of keys, cash and credit card information.
- Ensure café facility is well-stocked and clean.
- Provide guidance, assistance and support to volunteers as appropriate during catered special events
- Coordinate/collaborate with cleaning crew to maintain hygienic conditions on daily basis.
- Follow guidelines for emergency procedures
- Other related duties, activities and responsibilities as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience in food service industry, customer service required.
- Minimum one year experience working with tablet touch-screen register system.
- Current Virginia Department of Health certification will be required within 60 days of hire.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Department of Health sanitary requirements and a commitment to food safety standards is required and essential.
- Thorough knowledge of proper food handling procedures and Department of Health regulations regarding the codes related to food.
- Working knowledgeable of cash register operations/systems - inclusive of proper procedures related to café opening and closing – required.
- Working knowledge of tablet touch-screen register, apps and smartphone technology.
- Basic knowledge of Edgar Cayce readings, holistic health preferred
- Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to exchange information with a variety of individuals required
- Polished interpersonal skills required; strong skills in tact, diplomacy and willingness to be helpful are essential.
- Prefer knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature in preparation and presentation.
- Ability to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined kitchen area.
- Ability to identify potential problems and resolve situations tactfully and diplomatically; demonstrated sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population essential.
- Ability to work under broad supervision, with high level of independent judgment, permitting wide latitude for independent action.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations and the ability to acquire skill in making arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately
- Ability to follow procedures and guidelines as provided in the Café Operating Procedures Manual.
- Ability to discern when outside intervention with a 911 call is necessary
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time and to stock shelves.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm.
- A good sense of humor.
Special Job or Training Demands:
- Will be required to complete Virginia Department of Health certification within 60 days of hire.
- Must be neat and clean in appearance and must wear appropriate business attire.
- Evening and weekend availability required.
- Job contingent upon satisfactory passing of background security check.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to bending, grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
- Prolonged standing and walking is required on a daily basis.
- The ability to move between buildings on uneven ground and to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators is required