Supervisor: Visitor Center Services
Posting date: 1/08/2015
Closing date: 1/23/2015
Job Title: Supervisor: Visitor Center Services
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Status & Hours: Regular Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Department: Visitor Center (#540)
Position Reports To/Evaluated By: Customer Service Manager (520)
The Visitor Center Services Supervisor trains and supervises staff and volunteers for the Visitor Center Reception Desk (VCRD); provides support, supervision, and training for VCRD procedures and guidance on organization policies. Responsibilities for Visitor Center also include coordination of space usage, global calendar, maintaining accurate information dissemination to the public and excellent customer service.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide instruction and assistance to VCRD staff; carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Attend Status meetings weekly and Manager/Supervisor meetings monthly
- Assist Customer Service Manager (CSM) in interviewing, hiring and training VCRD staff; plan, assign and direct work; complete annual performance appraisals; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems
- Provide regular communication with staff on information and updates regarding all activities, offers, events and news; following attendance of weekly status meetings and quarterly Managers/Supervisors meetings, share pertinent information.
- Update and maintain all resource materials for the VCRD staff to include procedures and reference manual updates, upcoming event references, organizational changes and any materials to perform information dissemination to the public
- Maintain staff schedule to ensure shift coverage and assist on schedule when needed to remain connected/updated on VCRD activities and/or job shadowing responsibilities
- Insure that all on-line timesheets are updated, correct and submitted; timely approval of department time sheets by payroll deadlines is required.
- Ensure schedule provides for adequate VCRD coverage during conferences and other special events but does not go over each staff’s regularly scheduled hours (part-time/regular time)
- Monitor the quality of customer service being provided to ensure all visitors receive excellent customer service and leave with a positive, memorable experience
- Monitor the Visitor Center and personal email account for organizational information updates and space usage requests, taking appropriate action.
- Maintain statistics reporting, submitting to the CSM at the first of each month
- Update voicemail line weekly and as needed for special announcements
- Maintain security and submit proceeds from donation boxes and order entry to CSM weekly.
- Maintain Global calendar and space usage activity; coordinate with Web, Public Information, and Marketing departments to develop, update and maintain Daily Activities Calendar for the VCRD, website and eNews
- Ensure Daily Activities are held on time, accurate and professional; conduct shadowing as needed to ensure procedures are being followed.
- Survey Lectures – ensure lecture is posted daily to the display board, run video lectures as needed and notify Public Information Manager of any no shows.
- Responsible for coordination of space usage in Visitor Center, to include liaison with Lessees (internal and external); proper contract agreement execution, proper equipment available/provided and verification with Audio Visual Supervisor
- Submit income/donations to the CSM upon receiptLiterature maintenance - ensure all postings in the Visitor Center are up-to-date and accurate; create signage as needed; maintain flier/form request form and ensure restocking of materials
- Conferences - attend Pre-Conference meetings and relay information to VCRD staff, adjusting schedules as appropriate to maintain adequate customer support during conferences
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; and
- Associates degree in a behavioral or social science preferred; and
- Minimum three years’ experience recruiting, training, managing and supporting groups of people to address community/organization needs through service projects required; and
- Minimum three years Customer Service experience required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and/or ability to become knowledgeable about the philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation.
- Ability to represent the A.R.E. (our purpose, work, administration, staff, volunteers, Board and membership) in the most positive light is essential
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to exchange information with a variety of individuals required
- Excellent organization skills and detail orientation, yet the ability to keep an eye on the bigger picture
- Excellent team participation and leadership skills required
- Must have strong communication skills in tact, diplomacy and objectivity
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency skills required, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel specifically) and Access
- Ability to build relationships and work with volunteers, membership and staff
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and respect in working with people from diverse backgrounds, displaying positive attitude toward helping others
- Ability to make decisions using precedent, existing policy and inferred organizational standards while working under broad supervision.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm
- A good sense of humor
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, occasionally lifting up to 20 lbs.
- The ability to move between buildings on uneven ground and to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators is required