SOUTHERN SPAIN & MOROCCO
Led by Peter Woodbury
April 11-22, 2015
Optional extension: April 22-26, 2015
Discover the magic of Spain and the mystery of Morocco on a stellar journey of two cultures that share a common history yet have their own exotic charm and character. Our tour will showcase both the contrast and the close ties between these two amazing countries.
- Explore Seville and Granada featuring astonishing Moorish architecture and dazzling historical sites.
- Immerse yourself fully in the Spanish culture as you enjoy some delicious tapas and some wonderful flamenco.
- Make your journey to Morocco via the Strait of Gibraltar and get ready to be amazed by its unique food, architecture, and history.
- Explore the mystical "blue city of Chefchaouen," tour the fascinating city of Fes and experience the lively and vibrant markets in Marrakech.
- Take our optional excursion, a four-day journey to the Sahara Desert via the Atlas Mountains and get transported to a different world.
QUEBEC CITY AND MONTREAL
Led by Patrick and Jane Belisle
August 10- 16, 2015
Visit two of Canada’s most charming cities!
Montreal has an interesting mix of history and modern appeal. The largest city in Quebec has a unique European charm and is home to legendary sites like the gorgeous Notre Dame Basilica. Quebec’s proud heritage and European flair will make you forget you are even in Canada.
Visit Notre Dame Basilica, St. Joseph’s Oratory, Old Montreal, the French Quarter, and take a drive to the top of Mount Royal to enjoy a panorama of the city.
- Explore the French Canadian countryside as you travel by train to Quebec City.
- Spend a few days discovering the hidden gems of Old Quebec City – the only walled city in North America. Admire its 17th century architecture and visit popular sites like the Latin Quarter, the Place Royale, and Basilica of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre.
CHINA AND TIBET
Led by John Van Auken
September 15- 28, 2015
This wonderful tour to the magnificent lands of China and sacred Tibet will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore both the spiritual past and contemporary culture of this region. This wonderful tour will include visits to:
- Buddhist and Taoist temples
- The Great Wall of China
- Forbidden City in Beijing
- The Terracotta Warriors
- Potala Palace in Tibet
- Sera Monastery in Tibet
- Tibet Museum
- And so much more…
NEW MEXICO AND MESA VERDE
Led by Don Carroll
October 24- 31, 2015
Discover the captivating Southwest and learn about the
Native American cultures that thrived in this area.
This tour is moderately strenuous; there will be daily walking sometimes on uneven and/or rugged
terrain. The group will be doing some light hiking on some of the sites, expect to climb stairs (some
ladders at Chaco Canyon) and small hills. Keep in mind that we will be in elevations above 5,000ft
and will be at an elevation of 10,378ft at the top of Sandia Peak after our tramway ride just outside
- Visit Chaco Canyon and explore the ruins of 13 major pueblos (houses) and several thousand smaller sites that exemplify the flowering of the Chaco Anasazi.
- Take an excursion to Mesa Verde National Park with its spectacular cliff dwellings which are some of the world’s largest and best preserved.
- Explore the picturesque city of Santa Fe and enjoy the great energy of the area.
"Before that the entity was in the land of the present sojourn, but in the areas of the Southwest; for
the entity then was among those called the Cliff Dwellers, being of those peoples who came up from
Yucatan to the Northeast and to portions of Arizona and New Mexico - as now known. The entity
was a teacher, a leader, a priestess of the people."
(Edgar Cayce Reading 5729-1)