The Edgar Cayce Health Database
WATERMELON SEED TEA
Watermelon seed tea is a diuretic
recommended in the readings, particularly as a stimulant to cleanse
and purify the kidneys and bladder. Here is Cayce's description
of the role of watermelon seed tea for kidney and bladder problems:
This will clarify those conditions that cause reactions
in the kidneys and bladder, for, the lack of eliminations and the slowing
up of the circulation causes a greater quantity of drosses to be held
in the system, and these need to be eliminated from the body.
More will be eliminated through using this stimuli
for the kidney activity than in most any way. (1695-2)
There is sufficient of the nitre and other properties
in this that if drunk it will be beneficial to clearing up the inflammation
through the areas not only of the kidneys and bladder but will also aid
in the ovarian disturbance.(2048-8)
Preparation and Administration of Watermelon Seed Tea
Here are some instructions for preparing and taking
the watermelon seed tea:
- Mix one teaspoon of crushed watermelon seed to a pint (or about
a pinch to a teacup) of boiling water;
- Steep for about 15 minutes;
- Take once a week or oftener as need for symptomatic relief.
Some readings advised that it was best taken in small quantities several
times a day rather than a larger amount taken once a day.
- If practical, the tea should be made fresh for each use.
If the tea cannot be made fresh for each administration,
here are some suggestions for storage and use:
- Keep refrigerated for not more than two or three days
- Keep the tea is a tight container
- Warm the tea when it is taken.