Mentored by: Lynn Sparrow Christy
February 25-March 26, 2014
Is this life just a school where we learn from our mistakes until we finally escape incarnation, or do we have a more exalted purpose? In this eGroup you will explore the possibility that your purpose for being here in the earth, taking on the struggles and challenges of life, is about far more than your personal growth. It is about your participation in a single evolution involving the development of not only the cosmos and the biological world, but of consciousness itself. From this perspective, incarnation provides a unique opportunity to bring expanded consciousness into our thoughts, our bodies, the affairs of this world, and creation itself -- thus furthering the ongoing evolutionary advance.
“For the purpose is that each soul should be a co-creator with God.”
Edgar Cayce Reading #4047-2
This four-week online experience is about how to walk this path of the conscious co-creator. As we work together in a supportive “cyber community” to awaken and nurture this co-creative spirit, you will:
- Explore the ways you actively participate -- or decline to participate -- in creation.
- Practice forms of meditation that work even when you feel like you can’t quiet your mind.
- Explore the chakra system as the blueprint for human evolution and the key to finding your own leading evolutionary edges.
- Gain new perspective on the problems and setbacks of life, as well as a liberating understanding of your own limitations.
- Playfully challenge your ego-generated blind spots in order to expand toward more complete expression of your true Self.
- Deepen your sense of meaning and purpose as you embrace the unique opportunity that this incarnation represents.
“For those who believe in God, or a cosmic intelligence, it would be blasphemous to suppose that the universe has been created without purpose or plan, or that the race has been brought into existence only to eat, drink and make merry with the extravagant expenditure of resources, both mineral and organic, of the earth. There must be a reason why intelligence has been granted to mankind and why a whole planet with all its wealth has been placed at her disposal.”
Gopi Krishna, Kundalini: Empowering Human Evolution
Over the course of our time together, you will explore some of the main elements of an evolutionary lifestyle:
Week One: Embracing Evolutionary Spirituality
Week Two: The Precious Opportunity of Incarnation
- What is the evolutionary approach to spirituality and what does it have to do with me?
- The Evolutionary Perspective of the Cayce readings
- Unmasking Ego: Developing Awareness of Your True Self.
Week Three: Bringing Order Out of Chaos
- Embracing the Incarnation in Reincarnation
- Being “Corpuscles in the Body of God”
- Examining Our Growth Issues in the Context of Biology, Spirituality and Chakras
Tending the Garden- Going Out in Service to the World
- Finding Growth in Times of Trouble and Chaos
- The Structure of “Stuckness” and What to Do About It
- Moving from Effect to Cause in the Great Karmic Equation
- Living in Times of Accelerated Change
- Keeping the “Co” in “Co-Creator:” Partnering with the Creative Forces
- Agents of Transformation: Making a Commitment to Be the Change You Seek
Lynn Sparrow Christy is the author of Beyond Soul Growth: Awakening to the Call of Cosmic Evolution. She is a teacher, writer, and hypnotherapist-life coach with more than 40 years of experience with both traditional and alternative approaches to spirituality. Her earlier books, Edgar Cayce and Christian Faith and Reincarnation: Claiming Your Past, Creating Your Future, as well as her home-study courses, Meditation Made Easy and How to Discover Your Past Lives, have all explored Cayce’s contribution to leading topics in contemporary spirituality. Over the past several decades, Lynn has conducted numerous seminars in cities throughout North America and several international locations. Her other eGroup topics include: Apprenticed to the Master: Following Jesus in the 3rd Millennium, Life Lessons and Soul Purpose, and Transforming Your Karma: Expanding the Influence of Grace in Your Life.
In addition to her writing and seminar work, as a certified Master Hypnotherapist and hypnosis trainer, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner and Life Coach, Lynn maintains a private practice in Virginia Beach, where she works with clients on everything from habit change and personal healing to exploration of deep spiritual themes.
What's an e-Group?
Your A.R.E. eGroup will meet on an Internet discussion board. This discussion board has been created especially for A.R.E. by BulletinBoards.com, a secure Internet site that makes learning online interactive and easy. In Internet terms, your eGroup is called a "discussion board", a virtual meeting room where you will join with other like-minded people and your mentor, Lynn Sparrow Christy, in an interactive discussion on The Path of the Co-Creator: Living the Evolutionary Perspective of the Edgar Cayce Readings.
In the virtual meeting room, you will have access to the written and audio/video materials prepared for you by Lynn. Every Wednesday, she will post a lesson along with exercises for you to practice during the week. Posting is very similar to sending an e-mail, except that all the e-mails are viewed within your virtual meeting room. You may post your thoughts, questions, and experiences on the site for Lynn and the other participants to read and respond to. In this way, everyone will benefit from one another's experiences and insights and the coaching offered by Lynn to individuals.
Once you register for your A.R.E. eGroup, we will send you an e-mail from eGroups@edgarcayce.org detailing how to access and navigate our discussion board for the eGroup The Path of the Co-Creator: Living the Evolutionary Perspective of the Edgar Cayce Readings Then, you're in! You will be able to visit your eGroup any time you desire. The meeting room is accessible 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week and you may participate at your convenience from anywhere in the world. There are no specified times that you have to be in the room. You decide when and how often you wish to post and participate.
If you would like more information or to be notified when a group is forming,
please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.