Mentored by Carmen Turner-Schott, MSW, LISW
July 31- August 27, 2013
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge (Psalms 19:1-2)
There shall be Signs in the Sun, Moon and Stars (Jesus Christ, Luke 21:25)
Astrology is a fact, in most instances. No influence is of greater value or of greater help than the Will of an individual
(Edgar Cayce reading 815:6)
What You Can Expect to Gain from this eGroup
- A basic and deeper understanding of astrological teachings in the Bible.
- Achieve a greater knowledge of specific scripture that supports a belief in astrology by early Christians.
- Develop an enhanced knowledge of the symbols of astrology that are found hidden within the Bible. Take a look and discuss Christian Astrologers from the past.
- Understand why many Christians are turning to astrology and alternative spiritual practices for hope and acceptance.
- Learn more about the Age of Pisces and the Age of Aquarius.
- Learn more about Edgar Cayce's astrological readings related to the Psalms, Book of Revelation and much more.
- Learn about Carmen's research on astrological belief among Christians and a shift in the awareness of many traditional believers.
Summary of the 4-week Experience
In the first week each participant will study the handouts and videos of information provided on astrology and biblical scripture. The lesson this week will focus on familiarizing yourself with the interpretations, meanings, and symbols. During this week, you will have the opportunity to share your personal insights and ask questions that focus on your learning journey about astrological information in the Bible.
In the second week each participant will learn specific issues related to fears that Christians have in studying metaphysics and the occult. Participants will receive PowerPoint slides and handouts about astrology and Christianity and the Bible. Participants will read Carmen's articles, "Astrology from a Christian's Perspective", "Why Astrology is Considered Occult: Fear of the Unknown", "The Shining Star of Bethlehem: Signs in the Sky", "Astrology in the Bible: A Matter of Interpretation" and the "Dawning of the Age of Aquarius". Participants will respond by posting thoughts, feelings and questions for instructor to discuss your own personal experiences.
In the third week each participant will journal their experiences with astrology and the Bible and will complete handouts/questionnaire. The following topics will be studied via PowerPoint, MP3 Audio and educational videos: Jacob and the Twelve Tribes of Israel, Star of Bethlehem, Jesus secret teachings, Book of Revelation, specific biblical verses that talk about astrology, Age of Pisces and the Age of Aquarius. Participants will post comments and answer questions about these topics for instructor to give greater feedback and discussion with the group.
In the fourth week each participant will receive a lesson which will involve reading, watching educational videos and analyzing Edgar Cayce's specific readings about astrology and the Bible. Participants will share their own experiences and interpretations with the group and will be able to ask specific questions for instructor. A short assignment will be given for each student to write about how they were led to study astrology and how their traditional religious beliefs impacted them.
Learning Methods during the eGroup:
- Online reading and lessons: Each week there will be information provided to help you understand astrology in the Bible.
- PowerPoint slides, handouts and videos will be used to help gain a fuller picture of astrological principles and biblical scripture.
- Analysis of Edgar Cayce's astrological readings. Each student will journal their interpretation and feelings about Cayce's readings with a focus on his insights about Christianity and the Bible. You will share your experiences with the group for discussion.
- Read articles, "Astrology from a Christian's Perspective", "Why Astrology is Considered Occult: Fear of the Unknown", "The Shining Star of Bethlehem: Signs in the Sky", "Astrology in the Bible: A Matter of Interpretation", and the "Dawning of the Age of Aquarius". You will journal your feelings, personal experiences and thoughts about these articles and how these issues have impacted your life. We will discuss the impact and struggles that Christians face when they start to seek deeper answers.
- Bulletin Board postings about your own experiences and knowledge about astrology and the Bible. You can decide each week how much you would like to share about your own experiences and what you have learned personally through your reading and studies. You can also post questions you would like to discuss in a group format or want Carmen Turner Schott to specifically answer.
Carmen Turner-Schott, MSW, LISW, is a practicing clinical social worker, intuitive astrologer and teacher with national and international clientele. She received her undergraduate degree in Psychology from Fontbonne University in St. Louis, Missouri in 1997. She completed her Master of Social Work degree at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri in 1999. She is a published author and wrote her first book in 2006 titled, "A Deeper Look at the Sun Signs" and her second book in 2010 titled, "The Mysteries of the Eighth Astrological House" and her third book will be available in 2012 titled, "A Practical Look at the Planets in the Houses." Carmen has been researching the eighth and twelfth astrological houses for the past 17 years. As an eighth and twelfth house person herself, she has personally experienced the energies and lessons of these two very spiritually transforming houses. Carmen began her astrological work at the age of 16 and began studying religion, metaphysics and the Cayce material at that time. She has presented astrology workshops for the A.R.E. in the St. Louis, Missouri region and teaches a variety of spiritual development classes. She has been a columnist for Spirit Seeker Magazine, Promise Magazine and is the Assistant Editor of Psychotherapy on All Things Healing.com. She has worked for the Air Force in a variety of different programs as a family advocacy outreach manager, alcohol and drug abuse prevention therapist, and as a sexual assault response coordinator and victim advocate since 2000. An avid Edgar Cayce researcher, she enjoys writing, studying and teaching a wide range of spiritual topics.
What's an e-Group?
Your A.R.E. eGroup will meet on an Internet discussion board. This discussion board has been created especially for A.R.E. by BulletinBoards.com, a secure Internet site that makes learning online interactive and easy. In Internet terms, your eGroup is called a "discussion board", a virtual meeting room where you will join with other like-minded people and your mentor, Carmen Turner-Schott, in an interactive discussion on Explore Astrology in the Bible.
In the virtual meeting room, you will have access to the written and audio materials prepared for you by Carmen Turner-Schott. Every Wednesday, she will post a lesson along with exercises for you to practice during the week. Posting is very similar to sending an e-mail, except that all the e-mails are viewed within your virtual meeting room. You may post your thoughts, questions, and experiences on the site for Carmen Turner-Schott and the other participants to read and respond to. In this way, everyone will benefit from one another's experiences and insights and the coaching offered by Carmen Turner-Schott to individuals.
Once you register for your A.R.E. eGroup, we will send you an e-mail from eGroups@edgarcayce.org detailing how to access and navigate our discussion board for the eGroup Explore Astrology in the Bible. Then, you're in! You will be able to visit your eGroup any time you desire. The meeting room is accessible 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week and you may participate at your convenience from anywhere in the world. There are no specified times that you have to be in the room. You decide when and how often you wish to participate.
If you would like more information or to be
notified when a group is forming,
please e-mail us at email@example.com.