Free Birth Chart Wheel with Paid Registration
Carmen Turner-Schott, MSW, LISW
July 31 – August 27, 2013
• View Edgar Cayce's Astrology Chart
“These influences of the planets are felt by us in the form of "inclinations, tendencies, and urges"
Edgar Cayce reading 781-5
“The inclinations of man are ruled by the planets under which he is born, for the destiny of man lies within the sphere or scope of the planets” Edgar Cayce reading 3744-4
What You Can Expect to Gain from this eGroup:
- A basic and deeper understanding of the eighth and twelfth astrological houses.
- Achieve a greater knowledge of planet placements and karmic issues related to planets placed in the eighth and twelfth houses.
- Develop an enhanced knowledge of the symbols of the eighth and twelfth houses.
- Understand and process eighth and twelfth house issues such as sexuality, death and dying, sacrifice, suffering, mystical experiences, psychic abilities, depression, loneliness, spiritual seeking, service to others, isolation, addiction, natural healing abilities and inheritances.
- Learn more about eighth house people and twelfth house people and the lessons that they face and the great journeys that they must travel. Discuss the charts of eighth and twelfth house famous people.
- Be able to understand Edgar Cayce’s spiritual gifts through an in-depth analysis of his astrological natal chart. Edgar Cayce was an “eighth house person”.
- Learn about Carmen’s research about the eighth and twelfth houses, energy patterns, relationship patterns and karmic cycles. Develop an understanding of the blessings and difficulties of the eighth and twelfth houses.
Summary of the Four-Week Experience:
In the first week each participant will study the handouts and information provided on the eighth and twelfth houses. The lesson this week will focus on familiarizing yourself with the interpretations, meanings, energies and information about the houses. During this week, you will share your personal insights and questions that you have and ask Carmen Turner-Schott specific questions that you would like to focus on in your learning journey.
In the second week each participant will learn specific issues related to planets placed in the eighth and twelfth house. Participants will receive PowerPoint slides and handouts on the planet meanings, symbols and energies. Participants will read Carmen’s articles, The Mysteries of the Eighth House: House of Death & Transformation, The Sun in the Twelfth House: Suffering & the Father, and Venus in the Twelfth House: Secret Love Affairs & Heartache. Participants will respond by posting thoughts, feelings, and questions for instructor to discuss in-depth.
In the third week each participant will journal their experiences with key eighth house and twelfth house issues and will complete handouts/questionnaire. The following topics will be written about and discussed online through postings: Sex, Death, Suffering, Mystical & Psychic Experiences, Depression, Loneliness, Healing Abilities, Escapism, Addiction, Service to Others, Karma, Cosmic Consciousness, Sacrifice, Other People’s Resources and Inheritances. Participants will post comments and questions about these topics for instructor to give a greater in-depth explanation.
In the fourth week each participant will receive a lesson which is a copy of Edgar Cayce’s natal chart. Edgar Cayce was what Carmen Turner Schott calls, “an eighth house person”. Participants will analyze his chart from their own perspectives and from information gained in the course with a focus on his eighth house planet placements. Famous people with eighth and twelfth house planets lives will also be discussed. Participants will post their insights and specific questions for instructor to discuss in-depth.
Learning Methods during the eGroup:
- Online reading and lessons: Each week there will be information provided to help you understand the eighth and twelfth house energies.
- PowerPoint slides, handouts, and videos will be used to help gain a fuller picture of astrological principles.
- Lesson and Analysis of Edgar Cayce’s natal chart. Each student will journal their interpretation and feelings about Edgar’s chart with a focus on his eighth house planet placements. We will share our experiences with the group for discussion.
- Read Carmen’s articles, “The Mysteries of the Eighth House: House of Death & Transformation”, “The Sun in the Twelfth House: Suffering & the Father” and “Venus in the Twelfth House: Secret Love Affairs & Heartache”. You will journal your feelings, personal experiences and thoughts about these articles and how this energy has impacted your life, your friends or how it can impact individuals with this energy.
- Bulletin Board postings about your own experiences and knowledge of the eighth and twelfth houses. You can decide each week how much you would like to share about your own experiences and what you have learned personally about the eighth and twelfth houses through your reading and studies. You can also post questions you would like Carmen Turner-Schott to respond to or that you would like to pose to the entire eGroup.
Carmen provided the group with a wealth of information about the 8th and 12th houses. I especially liked Carmen's format, using audio, video, lecture, and handouts to present the material, which was then followed by a set of thought-provoking questions for us to answer. The format invited lots of interaction among group members and made the class very interesting. Carmen also took the time to respond to each person's comments, providing additional astrological information and interpretations, and sharing many of her own personal experiences with the group related to the topic being discussed. This was an added bonus. S.V.
There were many things about the 8th and 12th house that I could relate to. This was a comfort to me that I could relate to these things and understand that they are planetary energies that can help me grow as a person. C.C.
I really liked the direct feedback I received from Carmen, the teacher. She made the material easy to understand. She was able relate the material directly to the student. L.M.H.
Before I started the course, I already knew that Carmen was an amazing astrologer, and I appreciated her willingness to share her own experiences and struggles both in readings and in her book and articles. This is the first time that I have participated in an eGroup, and I was struck by the quality of spiritual wisdom and understanding in the posts of group members. I had no idea that there would be such immediate honesty and acceptance, and so much profound spiritual insight in every post! Anonymous
Carmen Turner-Schott, MSW, LISW, is a practicing clinical social worker, intuitive astrologer and teacher with national and international clientele. She received her undergraduate degree in Psychology from Fontbonne University in St. Louis, Missouri in 1997. She completed her Master of Social Work degree at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri in 1999. She is a published author and wrote her first book in 2006 titled, “A Deeper Look at the Sun Signs” and published her second book in 2010 titled, “The Mysteries of the Eighth House”. Carmen has been researching the eighth and twelfth astrological houses for the past 17 years. As an eighth and twelfth house person herself, she has personally experienced the energies and lessons of these two very spiritually transforming houses. Carmen began her astrological work at the age of 16 and began studying religion and metaphysics and the Cayce material at that time. She has presented workshops for the A.R.E. in the St. Louis, Missouri region and teaches a variety of spiritual development classes. She has been a columnist for Spirit Seeker Magazine, Promise Magazine and publishes articles online. She is currently the Assistant Editor of the Psychotherapy page on All Things Healing.com. She has worked for the Air Force in a variety of different programs as a family advocacy outreach manager, alcohol and drug abuse prevention therapist, and as a sexual assault response coordinator and victim advocate. An avid Edgar Cayce researcher, she enjoys reading, studying and teaching a wide range of spiritual topics. http://www.astrology-awareness.com
What's an e-Group?
Your A.R.E. eGroup will meet on an Internet discussion board. This discussion board has been created especially for A.R.E. by BulletinBoards.com, a secure Internet site that makes learning online interactive and easy. In Internet terms, your eGroup is called a "discussion board", a virtual meeting room where you will join with other like-minded people and your mentor,Carmen Turner-Schott, in an interactive discussion on past lives.
In the virtual meeting room, you will have access to the written and audio materials prepared for you by Carmen. Every Wednesday, Carmen will post a lesson along with exercises for you to practice during the week. Posting is very similar to sending an e-mail, except that all the e-mails are viewed within your virtual meeting room. You may post your thoughts, questions, and experiences on the site for Carmen and the other participants to read and respond to. In this way, everyone will benefit from one another's experiences and insights and the coaching offered by Carmen to individuals.
Once you register for your A.R.E. eGroup, we will send an e-mail from eGroups@edgarcayce.org detailing how to access and navigate our discussion board for the eGroup Explore the Mysteries of Your 8th and 12th Houses. Then, you're in! You will be able to visit your eGroup any time you desire. The meeting room is accessible 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week and you may participate at your convenience from anywhere in the world. There are no specified times that you have to be in the room. You decide when and how often you wish to participate.
If you would like more information or to be notified when a group is forming,
please e-mail us at email@example.com.