A.R.E. Experiential Escape Options
Customize an experience to meet the needs and desires of your Tour Group.
The Legacy of Edgar Cayce Film:
This touching film outlines the life of Edgar Cayce (1877-1945), also known as "the sleeping prophet," the “other Nostradamus,” and the “father or holistic medicine.” Edgar Cayce is considered the most-documented psychic of all time with 14,306 psychic readings covering an amazing 10,000 topics. The majority of Cayce’s readings were related to holistic health and wellness. Other major topics from the readings include philosophy and reincarnation, the meaning of dreams and how to interpret them, ESP and psychic phenomena, ancient mysteries and civilizations, and spiritual growth topics that include meditation and prayer. (Learn more about Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. and our mission.)
Tour the Worldwide Headquarters of Edgar Cayce’s A.R.E.:
Each year, the A.R.E. Headquarters at 67th Street and Atlantic Avenue in Virginia Beach attracts tens of thousands of individuals from around the world—vacationers, scholars, researchers, philosophers, health care professionals, and students of all kinds. These individuals come to investigate and discover for themselves how the Cayce material is being used today in the fields of health, personal spirituality, intuition, education, and research, and to promote spiritual development at both individual and global levels.
The guided tour of our Visitor Center includes the history of the organization and its amazing founder, Edgar Cayce, a visit to the A.R.E. Library, one of the largest metaphysical libraries in the world which houses the transcripts of all 14,000+ readings that were preserved during Cayce’s lifetime, and quiet time in our meditation room, overlooking the ocean. You’ll hear a recording of Mr. Cayce giving a reading and see the couch he would use to go into a trance-like sleep state. You can browse the displays including holistic health, ancient Egypt, dreams, and gemstones before visiting our one-of-a-kind Bookstore and Gift Shop.
The campus also includes the historic Cayce Hospital building which opened in 1928, our world famous Health Center & Spa, the Cayce/Reilly® School of Massotherapy massage school, and Atlantic University which offers a master’s degree program and continuing education courses. In front of this historic building is a huge stone labyrinth and reflexology walk. Escape to a secluded prayer and meditation garden with beautiful landscaping, a Japanese bridge, a fish pond, and a waterfall.
Choose Your Interactive Experiential:
Minimum participation is five, maximum is 100 (please call for details on larger groups).
- Health & Rejuvenation: The Edgar Cayce Approach: Edgar Cayce outlined a series of exercises that are designed to circulate your lymph system (which is an important part of your immune system) and help you maintain a normal range of motion. In this experiential workshop, you will learn this simple series of exercises that are a real secret to health and longevity as well as tips to stay healthy! Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Includes Edgar Cayce's Keys to Health book by Dr. Eric Mein, 206 pages (Retail $15.95). (Cost $7)
- Unlocking the Mystery of Your Dreams: In days of old, much importance was given to our dreams. Edgar Cayce has a simple and effective system to work with your dreams. In this workshop, you will learn how to unlock the symbolic messages in your dreams and put them to use in your daily life. Includes Dream Images and Symbols dream dictionary by Kevin J. Todeschi, 275 pages (Retail $17.95). (Cost $7)
- Finding Your Mission and Purpose in Life: We all want to know who we are and why we are here. Edgar Cayce outlines a simple but effective manner to discover your purpose and mission in life. The secret is in clarifying what is your Ideal—what are the principles and values that you want to guide your life. In this workshop, you will have the chance to discover your personal Ideal and how it applies to you particular mission in life. Option 1: Includes a three- hour Discover Your Mission in Life Course DVD Set featuring Mark Thurston, PhD, (Retail $29.95). (Cost $12) Option 2: Includes Discovering Your Soul's Purpose book by Mark Thurston, PhD, 161 pages (Retail $12.95). (Cost $7)
- Holistic Health and Healing: We are the product of what we eat and what we think. In this workshop, you will receive information that helps to understand age-old truths passed down over the generations. For example, we have all been told to eat our vegetables, but did you know why? Eating a diet high in fruits and veggies makes the body alkaline and alkalinity makes you resistant to infection, virus, and bacteria! This interactive workshop will be a sensory experience full of helpful information to apply in your life. Includes The Edgar Cayce Handbook for Health Through Drugless Therapy by Harold Reilly, DPhT, DS, and Ruth Brod, 348 pages (Retail $22.95). (Cost $7)
- Labyrinth Walk: The A.R.E. has a labyrinth that is a replica of the labyrinth in the Cathedral in Chartres France (wtih a modified center design). People have walked labyrinths for centuries as a form of prayer and meditation. In this workshop you will learn more about the labyrinth and have the opportunity to walk it yourself! Includes "Chants and Chanting" CD featuring Chants from the Edgar Cayce Readings for Health, Harmony and Enlightenment by John Van Auken, 41 minutes (Retail $17.00). (Cost $7) Weather permitting, as this is an outdoor experience.
- Experience Meditation: Why is it that sages of the East have practiced meditation for centuries? What are the benefits and how can you begin? In this workshop, you will learn what mediation is—a clearing of the mind of thoughts—and what are the benefits—a release from fear and anxiety. You will also have the chance to practice and ask questions. Who knows, you may even experience Enlightenment! Includes Toward a Deeper Meditation by John Van Auken, 232 pages. (Retail $15.95). (Cost $7)
All costs are per person.