Cayce Health Database
EPSOM SALTS PACKS
The Edgar Cayce readings recommended a variety
of packs to relieve pain, improve eliminations, and produce relaxation
in the body. Epsom salts packs were often recommended for symptomatic
relief of abdominal or lower back pain. Here are some simple
directions for making and using Epsom salts packs for lower back pain:
- Dissolve Epsom salts in hot water (two cups to a quart of water)
in a small basin or pot.
- Soak a large piece of flannel or heavy towel in the Epsom salts
- Apply the pack over the affected area.
- Place plastic over the pack and then a heating pad to maintain
the heat until the Epsom salts have completely dried or have become
caked in the pack.
- Leave the pack on until it becomes hardened or dried.
- Cleanse the area with water.
- Massage the area with pure (cold-pressed) peanut oil using all
the oil that the body will absorb.
Note: The above information is not intended for self-diagnosis
or self-treatment. Please consult a qualified health care professional
for assistance in applying the information contained in the Cayce Health