Colon Hydrotherapy Self Screening and Preparation
Physician's Written Referral:
A physician’s written referral is required for the following current conditions or treatments:
Severe Debilitation or Terminal Illness
Self Screening Questions:
If you currently answer YES to any of the following, please have your colonic session at another time.
Anal Fissure (acute, painful crack or tear)
Anal Fistula (infected anal fissure)
Colon, Rectal or Abdominal Surgery (less than 6 months ago)
Diverticulitis (unless you have not had an episode in the last 6 months, and you are currently symptom-free)
Gastroenteritis (food poisoning)
Hemorrhoids (now painful or bleeding)
Hernia, Unrepaired (abdominal or inguinal)
Pregnancy (current, and until 6 weeks post partum)
Rectal Bleeding (current)
Pre-Colon Hydrotherapy Preparation:
- Please have a light meal or a healthy snack two to three hours before your appointment. After that, have no more solid food prior to your colonic. You may have some juice or water just before the appointment, if desired. (Note: If your colonic is part of a half-day spa package, it is important that you have a regular meal before your appointment, to avoid any light-headedness. You may eat up to 1 hour before your appointment, in this case.)
- Avoid gas-forming foods the day before your appointment. Bananas beans, broccoli, cabbage, carbonated beverages, cauliflower, cucumbers, melons, raw apples or onions, peppers, and unripe fruit typically trigger gas. Avoid these or any foods that cause gas for you.
- The Cayce readings suggest that applying a castor oil pack for an hour on three days in a row before your appointment will facilitate your most effective colonic. The Cayce readings also recommend consuming a half-teaspoon or so of cold-pressed (extra virgin) olive oil after each pack.
Post-Colon Hydrotherapy Suggestions:
- Avoid gas-forming foods for two days after your colonic session. Bananas, beans, broccoli, cabbage, carbonated beverages, cauliflower, cucumbers, melons, raw apples or onions, peppers, and unripe fruit typically trigger gas. Avoid these or any foods that cause gas for you.
- Eat yogurt with live cultures for several days and have plenty of fruit, vegetables, salads with olive oil dressing, and whole grains or animal protein.
- Between meals, drink a minimum of 48 ounces of water a day.
- Avoid strenuous exercise the day of your appointment.
- Your next elimination is usually within one to three days.
- Please call if you have any questions (757) 457-7202.