A/V Tech/Videographer (on-call position)
To Apply: please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: 05/10/2018
Closing Date: 05/24/2018
Job Title: A/V Tech/Videographer (on-call)
Provide full range audio visual support and assistance to the A/V department in planning, coordinating and implementing logistics for recording conferences, events, board meetings, special projects and remote shootings. Record events for the purpose of conference and event on-site sales; ensure high quality post-production product development and Internet uploads. Assist the Visitor Center staff and/or rentals with A/V needs as requested.
Evening and weekend availability required.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Support A/V Tech Supervisor with the function of recording events and conferences through video and/or audio productions
- Provide speakers, authors, staff, and other presenters with audio/video technical support necessary to deliver professional program presentations
- Ensure high quality presentations with regard to audio and video functions
- In coordination with supervisor, record events for the purpose of audience on-site purchase and for high quality post-production product development and Internet uploads.
- In coordination with supervisor, respond to all work requests from the various departments in the organization
- Coordinate work flow in cooperation with A/V staff and contracted services for postproduction editing
- Coordinate with supervisor in the maintenance of inventory for the Bookstore
- Maintain and update accurate records of equipment inventory and usage of equipment by event presenters; keep supervisor updated and notify of discrepancies
- Additional audio-visual assistance and duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; formal education in electronics or related field from a trade school preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in live event, media or television production required.
- Minimum two years’ experience operating television cameras, lighting, audio mixing, video postproduction and live streaming required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation.
- Ability to represent the A.R.E. (our purpose, work, administration, staff, volunteers, Board and membership) in the most positive light is essential
- Proficient skills working with Final Cut Pro or Premier editing software required
- Proficient skills working with audio recording and editing, media encoding for web distribution and various presentation software packages required.
- Intermediate knowledge and skills associated with utilizing MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MAC computer required.
- Excellent team participation skills required, in combination with strong skills in tact, diplomacy, objectivity and problem solving, in addressing difficult situations
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to quickly diagnose and resolve issues
- Must have an even temperament and ability to handle several projects/deadlines simultaneously with attention to detail
- Ability to accept direction and instructions as delegated by supervisor
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends is required
Special Job or Training Demands:
- Must have ability to drive, current valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends is required.
- Visual and auditory is essential to job performance.
- Ability to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to: moving tables, lifting equipment, and other items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Position demands extended amounts of time walking, standing, bending, and heavy lifting that could include long days or weekends.
- On occasion, may need to walk on uneven ground and use staircases in historical buildings without an elevator
Equal employment opportunity for all is an essential philosophy at the A.R.E. and throughout the organization, including Atlantic University, Edgar Cayce Foundation, Cayce/Reilly School of Massage, and the A.R.E. Health Center and Spa. We will evaluate all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, color, veteran status, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.