To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Administrative Assistant: Marketing (OTS 19-020)
Hours: 30-40 hrs / week
Non-Exempt, Entry Level
Posting Date: 09/11/2019
Closing Date: 09/24/2019
Provide administrative assistance to Marketing Director and Marketing team by providing membership communication and distribution efforts, social media management, website updates, and overall marketing efforts for the organization. Provide assistance on special projects and marketing strategies to continue growth and increase online awareness of Edgar Cayce’s A.R.E. worldwide consistent with our mission, vision, strategic goals and guided by ideals.
This position reports to Marketing Director and performs administrative marketing needs for the entire organization.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Fulfill reprint requests and premium orders from Visitor Center Lobby Desk and other public areas as they relate to Membership and Marketing;
- Fulfill literature requests for membership information for events across the country (expos, area teams, locally sponsored events, etc.);
- Coordinate all social media/Instagram/Facebook events as needed for various parts of the organization;
- Assist with designing and posting (or scheduling posts) to online social networking sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Meetup, Google+, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest;
- Assist with “Volunteer Requests” for ongoing projects to include new inquiry packages, quarterly magazine/newsletter mailings and fulfillment of field requests for materials, etc.
- Create information packets (letters/materials) to fulfill Life Member orders;
- Assist with information tables at expos and events in the local community;
- Assist with web requests and act as backup for this task;
- Assist with enews requests and act as backup for this task;
- Coordinate distribution of organizational events to third-party calendar sites;
- Distribute news releases to all forms of media;
- Coordinate and schedule blog submission process;
- Perform photo editing, creation and organization of catalog materials;
- Provide graphic design support (minimal) as needed;
- Create tips sheets for new books to be introduced to the trade;
- Update the bounce back cards for packages;
- Other related duties, as needed or requested.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates’ degree in business administration, graphic design, communication or related field; and
- Minimum three years’ administrative support experience required, preferably with non-profits;
- Minimum one year of online marketing and graphic design experience required, Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred;
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation is required.
- Good working knowledge of A.R.E. resources and available services
- Highly proficient skills required in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Calendar, Word, Excel.
- Intermediate graphic design skills required, preferably using Adobe Creative Suite;
- Excellent communication skills required -- oral, written and public speaking -- to exchange information with a variety of individuals;
- Excellent organization, project management, and time-management skills required, with demonstrated ability to manage competing deadlines;
- Ability to focus attention to accuracy, detail, flexibility, with capacity to re-prioritize quickly required;
- Strong analytical skills required, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage a wide variety of functions;
- Strong interpersonal skills in problem solving, tact, diplomacy, and objectivity required;
- Requires ability to work effectively independently -- keeping Marketing Director informed of key issues -- and in a team environment, demonstrating patience, diplomacy, persistence, kindness, clarity.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm is required.
- A good sense of humor
Scope and Impact of the position:
- Marketing Department’s goal is to assist the entire organization to succeed in reaching the appropriate audience with that message, service, or product; position is critical to department meeting this goal.
Special Job or Training Demands:
- Position requires operation of a motor vehicle and reliable transportation; valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check for insurability purposes required.
- Ability to sit for lengthy periods of time looking at computer screen; manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse and similar machines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. occasionally (mailings)
- Position may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Ability to move between buildings on uneven ground and to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators required.
Equal employment opportunity for all is an essential philosophy at the A.R.E. and throughout the organization, including Atlantic University, Edgar Cayce Foundation, Cayce/Reilly School of Massage, and the A.R.E. Health Center and Spa. We will evaluate all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, color, veteran status, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources accepts cover letters and resumes only for posted job openings. Due to the high volume of applications received, Human Resources is unable to personally acknowledge the receipt of each applicant’s submission. Applications are reviewed in a timely manner and applicants will be contacted when a potential match has been determined.