To Apply: please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: 4/6/2018
Closing Date: 4/20/2018
Job Title: Conference Registrar (Regular Full-Time, 32 hours/week)
Job Overview: Provide the support and response necessary for processing all field, headquarters conferences, camp registrations. Meet the administrative requirements for registration. Provide and maintain quality customer service support and order fulfillment needs.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist Customer Service department in processing registrations for Field and HQ Conferences, Retreats, and Camp, using guidelines from Conferences and Camp managers.
- Provide ongoing registration count and roster for each Field conference to Field Events Coordinator, HQ Events Coordinator, and designated local Field contact(s), offering updates and explanation as required.
- Provide ongoing registration count and roster for each Retreat to HQ Events Coordinator, Field Events Coordinator and designated Retreat contact(s), along with lodging and meal information as required.
- Prepare roster for each HQ Conference to the Conference Facilitator, Visitor Center, and at-door Registration staff.
- Responsible for badge preparation and at-door registration for all HQ Conferences (may include evenings/weekends). Coordinate and oversee Volunteers to assist with both functions.
- Respond to all internal and external calls, emails, and letters received by Customer Service regarding Conferences, Camp, and Retreats.
- Apply scholarships and discounts to individual records in database as requested by Conferences Manager, HQ Conference Coordinator, Field Conference Coordinator, or Camp Manager.
- Assist in resolving Conferences/Retreat-related balance due questions and declined or invalid credit card issues.
- Attend all scheduled HQ Conference planning meetings.
- Create quick information guides and/or spreadsheets to assist Customer Service department with Camp and Retread registrations, as needed.
Customer Service duties:
- Respond to phone, mail and internet requests for memberships, registrations, circulating file, catalog items, specialized materials and questions concerning the organization and its activities.
- Respond to phone, mail and internet requests for publication catalogs, status of orders and customer service issues and questions.
- Fulfill customer/member/staff requests through computer data entry; verify data entry balances to batch deposit as final step.
- When appropriate, transfer incoming calls to other departments or staff members courteously and accurately.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and customer request fulfillment and resolution.
- Provide follow through with all customer commitments.
- Create new master identity records and update master identity records on line; code data appropriately.
- Remain current and updated on all new promotions; code specific offers with respective promotion codes; respond effectively to caller questions on respective offers.
- Assist with keying and printing astrological charts for catalog orders, membership promotions and special sales.
- Balance cash report at end of day for all cash orders entered.
- Cross-train to handle other responsibilities within the department as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School graduate with business training or equivalent required.
- Minimum three year’s customer service/data entry experience required.
- Two or more years’ experience working with Microsoft Office products and Internet Explorer required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High degree of analytical ability required.
- Good working knowledge of A.R.E. resources and available services required.
- Excellent computer skills required in working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and web-based Internet Explorer
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people and solve problems in large, busy, noisy office.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, accurate and able to handle multitasking with ease; attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to set priorities, using values of departmental/organizational procedures, departmental deadlines and urgency as some of the criteria
- Ability to prioritize and handle several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Work performed under very broad supervision; requires regular exercise of independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep confidential all Customer Service and A.R.E. related information, including donor, member, customer and staff information required.
- Demonstrated skills in managing functions requiring discretion and sensitivity required.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills (internal and external customers).
- Tact, diplomacy and the willingness to be helpful are essential.
- Ability to coordinate/supervise volunteer services.
- Emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm.
- A good sense of humor.
- Prefer knowledge of and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation.
Scope and Impact of the position:
- This front-line position acts continuously as a representative of the organization, particularly Headquarters Conferences and Field; must project a positive image as reflected by the philosophy of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings.
- Position directly impacts decisions to become or continue to be a part of the A.R.E.
- Position has a significant public relations and fiscal impact on the major effect on revenues and the financials of the organization.
- Requires good visual acuity, ability to sit lengthy periods using a computer keyboard, looking at a computer screen.
- On occasion may need to walk on uneven ground and use staircases in historical buildings without an elevator.
- On occasion may be required to lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs. without assistance.