To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Title: Education Services Manager: Cayce/Reilly School of Massage (OTS 19-013)
Hours: 40 hours/week
Posting Date: 06/10/2019
Closing Date: 06/24/2019
Job Overview: The Educational Services Manager is responsible for organizing, developing and managing educational resources for the Cayce/Reilly School of Massage and the Student Practicum Clinic. The position collaborates with the Medical Director and the Cayce/Reilly team to ensure the successful administration of the massage school and student clinic. Responsible for maintaining a solid foundation for excellence in programming and curriculum within an environment of cooperation and solid communication.
Responsibilities include: efficient/effective resource utilization to include supervision of Student Clinic staff and faculty instructors; monitoring of quality/quantity of educational products and services; maintaining positive working relationships with staff, faculty and internal support departments; ensure compliance with accreditation essentials and guidelines. Position is the primary point of contact for all accrediting bodies, reporting and legal agencies.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Collaborate with Director on recruitment and selection of educational instructors
- Assign faculty class appointments; assign assistant instructors to appropriate classes, as needed
- Perform new faculty orientations; coordinate/schedule regular faculty meetings
- Draft/authorize all instructor IC contracts; authorize instructor payments and submit to Accounting Department for processing in timely manner;
- Conduct annual faculty contract evaluations; maintain/update faculty files, as appropriate
- Perform regular review of existing curriculum via classroom observation and in-depth discussions with individual faculty members
- Approve all handouts utilized by faculty prior to class distribution;
- Maintain and update (as needed) all books and online student resources, including periodic review/update of student handbook
- Coordinates and co-chairs Curriculum Committee with Director
- Oversee clinical outreach program with Sentara Virginia Beach Hospital and others
- Prepare and submit annual reports to COMTA, SCHEV, and DOE with support from Director and Financial Aid/Student Services Administrator;
- Manage school’s preparedness for accreditation renewal procedures; lead/coordinate team in re-accreditation process, including report writing and documentation
- Ensure school compliance with current COMTA and DOE requirements
- Ensure compliance with all policies of the Cayce/Reilly School, A.R.E., COMTA and SCHEV
- Ensure implementation/compliance of massage therapy and NCBTMB Virginia state law requirements
- Maintain student membership relationships with AMTA and ABMP
- Perform exit interviews with graduating students
- Performs post-graduation graduate follow-ups for COMTA annual report requirements
- Assist students/alumni with educational and/or curriculum needs and educational grievances
- Sign official school transcripts and diplomas
- Develop and maintain atmosphere of teamwork among Cayce/Reilly staff and instructors
- Manage Student Clinic to ensure safe, positive, educational experience for students and clients
- Supervise Student Clinic staff including hiring, training, mentoring and evaluating performance
- Assist Director with preparation of annual budget and strategic planning
- Collaborate with Director in achieving marketing/advertising goals, and in supporting recruitment
- Assist with catalog revision process, as needed
- Keep up to date on massage/alternative healthcare industries to determine trends in education
- Manage student orientations and graduation events
- Other administrative and related duties as may be assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health, education or related field from an accredited program required; and
- Minimum two years’ experience in a supervisory role in business operations and/or management, preferably in a healthcare education environment; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of massage/alternative healing modalities, healthcare industry regulations and requirements is essential
- Working application/knowledge of COMTA and State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) regulations is required;
- Knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly principles regarding health/healing, kindness, active patience with a service orientation highly desirable
- Exceptional communication – verbal, written, listening -- skills required;
- Intermediate computer skills required, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, organization, planning, implementation and problem solving.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, accurate and able to handle multitasking with ease;
- Ability to maintain effectiveness of faculty and educational programs, establish priorities/objectives.
- Effective interpersonal relationships skills required, both as a leader and as a team member;
- Ability to project professional image of Cayce/Reilly Massage School
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently while working under broad supervision and exercising independent, professional judgment.
- Ability to communicate the written and spoken word with tact, diplomacy, and authority when necessary; genuine appreciation in working with diverse audiences
- Requires ability to set priorities among competing responsibilities, using values of importance to the organization, departmental needs, and urgency as some of the criteria.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated analytical ability to identify problems, develop solutions, implement course of action.
- A good sense of humor
- Ability to sit for periods of time looking at computer screen; manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse;
- Position will involve some travel; individual must be up for the rigors of plane travel
- Position requires occasional evening/weekend work and participation outside of defined activities
- Good physical stamina required; may require movement between buildings, including walking on uneven ground, using staircases in historical buildings without elevators.
Equal employment opportunity for all is an essential philosophy at the A.R.E. and throughout the organization, including Atlantic University, Edgar Cayce Foundation, Cayce/Reilly School of Massage, and the A.R.E. Health Center and Spa. We will evaluate all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, color, veteran status, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources accepts cover letters + resumes only for posted job openings. Due to the high volume of applications received, Human Resources is unable to personally acknowledge the receipt of each applicant’s submission. Applications are reviewed in a timely manner and applicants will be contacted when a potential match has been determined.