Financial Aid/Student Services Administrator
Job Overview: Position develops, negotiates and finalizes student financial aid plans for the Cayce/Reilly Massage School consistent with policies and procedures of federal and state regulations for awarding federal financial aid.
Provides general office support for multiple functions within Cayce/Reilly Massage School while interacting with students, faculty, and staff, effectively providing a positive image for Massage School and A.R.E. as an organization.
Job contingent upon satisfactory passing of standard background security check.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Cayce/Reilly School Financial Aid Administration/Oversight:
- Develop and implement Title IV funding program to include all policies and procedures required by Department of Education, updating web and printed materials with new financial aid resources and information as needed;
- Develop and administer policies/procedures for all tasks performed in processing and administration of financial aid; update as required by federal/state laws;
- Establish criteria for student financial need bases, eligibility requirements, award procedures, and reviews;
- Develop, revise, update, and review financial aid applications and processing forms;
- Monitor satisfactory academic progress as relates to financial aid eligibility; maintain student records
- Process financial aid applications; determine appropriate financial aid package (grants and federal Direct Stafford loans) for each applicant;
- Provide debt management counseling for all students to ensure the institutional cohort default rate remains low;
- Conduct entrance and exit counseling for new students receiving financial aid as required by Department of Education to ensure students understand terms/conditions of loans, maintain eligibility for financial aid while in school;
- Provide exceptional customer service with all communications: in-person visits/phone/ email;
- Disbursement of federal funds in strict compliance with federal regulations governing each program;
- Administer refunds, repayments, and return of Title IV funds for all withdrawing federal aid recipients;
- Ensure adequate documentation, audit trails, and accountability exists for all funds disbursed;
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations to eliminate institutional fiscal liability for guaranteed renewal of Title IV eligibility;
- Maintain current knowledge of financial aid programs and procedures through participation in monthly webinars or off-site workshops;
- Provide daily reports for financial aid administrators from Department of Education;
- Generate and maintain monthly financial reports and disbursement logs; provide monthly bank statements to GEMCOR, third-party servicer;
- Work closely with Pantheon, third-party default management group, to maintain low-loan default rates;
- Provide annual statistical data, student demographics and fiscal reports to State Department of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) and National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) in accordance with Department of Education requirements;
- Complete and submit financial aid enrollment reports to IPEDS according to schedule (three times per year);
- Complete monthly SSCR Reports through NSLDS;
- Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with various departments within organization (i.e. Finance, Accounts Payable, IT department) to ensure financial success in providing financial aid for Cayce/Reilly students;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Cayce/Reilly School Administration Support:
- Provide assistance in answering school phone while providing a “friendly voice” representing the Massage School;
- Assist with weekly and/or monthly mailings of school promotional materials as needed;
- Update and maintain school’s housing list for incoming students; update job placement binder with each graduating class;
- Track all graduation requirements for attendance and grades; create and maintain full-time student transcripts;
- Track incomplete class forms; ensure classes are made up in acceptable time allotment;
- Prepare course evaluations for each class for student completion on final day;
- Coordinate and attend three “New Student Orientations” each year; coordinate and attend three graduation preparations each year;
- Take faculty meeting minutes, with follow-up distribution to attendees;
- Actively participate as team member, openly communicate thoughts/ideas;
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree required (bachelor’s degree preferred) in Business Administration, Finance or related field;
- Minimum three years’ financial aid experience required, including working with third-party financial aid administrators; experience must specifically include “clock-hour” programs.
- Minimum three years’ experience required in a computerized office environment using Microsoft Office Suite, preferably in an advanced academic educational setting;
- Fundamentals of Title IV Administration” training certification required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of federal laws relative to disbursement of Title IV funds and annual Department of Education compliance audit required;
- Strong working knowledge of financial aid regulations, practices and resources as related to student aid eligibility requirements required;
- Strong working knowledge of R2T4 regulations and calculations;
- Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to exchange information with a variety of individuals required;
- Polished interpersonal/communication skills required--oral, written and listening--demonstrating cooperation, patience, diplomacy, persistence, kindness, clarity required;
- Proficient computer skills required, including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), demonstrating high visual acuity, close attention to detail;
- Requires accurate recordkeeping skills; strong skills in tact, diplomacy and objectivity;
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, accurate and able to handle multitasking with ease while working with numerous, short deadlines.
- Ability to use professional judgment while consistently maintaining control of concurrent tasks, competing priorities and critical deadlines.
- Required ability to maintain confidentiality of student records, sensitive company information.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; be knowledgeable, helpful, and congenial with students, coworkers, outside agencies, school administrators;
- Ability to represent Cayce/Reilly School and A.R.E. (our purpose, work, administration, staff, volunteers, Board and membership) in the most positive light is essential
- Knowledge of holistic health principles/ techniques and massage/alternative healing modalities is desirable;
- Knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation is preferred;
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement, and enthusiasm.
- A good sense of humor.
Scope of the Position:
- Position significantly impacts both the budget revenues of the Cayce/Reilly School of Massage and reputation/image of Cayce/Reilly School and organization as a whole.
Special Job Requirements:
- Submission of certificate of completion for “Fundamentals of Title IV Administration” training is required
- Successful completion of standard background check required.
- Ability to work extended or irregular hours on occasion;
- Requires ability to sit for lengthy periods while using a computer keyboard, looking at a computer screen;
- Ability to occasionally walk on uneven ground to access people and resources in other buildings on campus; ability to climb stairs in an historical building without an elevator.
Posting Date: 4/19/2017
Closing Date: 5/03/2017
Equal employment opportunity for all is an essential philosophy at the A.R.E. and throughout the organization, including Atlantic University, Edgar Cayce Foundation, Cayce/Reilly School of Massage, and the A.R.E. Health Center and Spa. We will evaluate all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, color, veteran status, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.