Health Center & Spa Associate
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Health Center & Spa Associate (OTS 21-011)
Hours: 20-29 hours / Non-Exempt
Posting Date: 04/11/2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
Job Overview: Provide excellent, individualized customer service to clients and guests, handle inquiries, schedule appointments, maintain financial and client history records, and serve the clients of A.R.E. Health Center and the guests of the A.R.E.. Must be available to work a varied schedule to include evening and weekend.
Requires ability to comply with COVID-19 policy requirements, including ability to wear face mask and maintain social distancing.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Cordially greet clients, visitors and callers, providing excellent customer service to all.
• Provide excellent customer service to all incoming callers.
• Utilize department’s resources to develop a knowledge base about therapies offered.
• Follow daily open and/or close procedures.
• Respond to requests; provide information about massage and spa services in person, by telephone, mail, e-mail, and by detailed referrals to our website.
• Keep accurate records of appointments, schedule appropriate therapists, and maintain the timely performance of all appointments.
• Communicate detailed information respectfully and with clarity to clients, therapists and co-workers.
• Record retention to include appropriate maintenance of forms for spa clients.
• Complete in-house HIPAA compliance training; follow HIPAA regulations and privacy standards as related to the documentation and safeguarding of client files and personal health information.
• Record cash, check and credit card payments from clients accurately; submit daily deposits and transmittals to the Financial Services Department.
• Generate and assist Spa Supervisor with preparation of daily financial reports.
• Maintain accurate tracking records.
• Apply and perform marketing initiatives as assigned, outlined by Medical Director/Spa Supervisor.
• Maintain smooth operation of department when scheduled alone.
• Evaluate and process receipt of spa supplies on daily basis;
• Maintain well-stocked department facilities on daily basis; includes inspection of therapy rooms to replenish spa supplies, essential oils, etc.
• Work as a team with Supervisor and Director in maintaining the public lobby area as neat and well-ordered in appearance; maintain spa department cleanliness and well-ordered appearance.
• Report any problems to Spa Supervisor/Buildings and Grounds department as appropriate.
• Other related duties, activities and responsibilities as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School education or equivalent required.
• Minimum two years’ experience in customer service required, medical office experience preferred.
• Minimum two years’ experience working with personal computer systems (Windows XP, Firefox Mozilla & Microsoft Office) required.
• Massage/Bodywork experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation required.
• Basic knowledge of Edgar Cayce readings, massage and holistic health preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of computer systems and applications
• Knowledge of HIPAA compliance as related to safeguarding personal health information.
• Ability to represent the A.R.E. (our purpose, work, administration, staff, volunteers, Board and membership) in the most positive light is essential, as position regularly deals with first-time visitors and clients.
• Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to exchange information with a variety of individuals required.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills required (internal and external customers).
• Work requires demonstrated proficiency with numbers, some analytical ability, a high degree of accuracy and close attention to detail.
• Professional and friendly telephone and public greeting skills required.
• Must have strong skills intact, diplomacy and objectivity; ability to identify potential problems and resolve situations tactfully and promptly
• Intermediate level of computer proficiency skills required, including Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Demonstrated enthusiasm and respect in working with people from diverse backgrounds, displaying positive attitude toward helping others.
• Must be well organized, detail-oriented, accurate and able to handle multitasking with ease; able to courteously handle multiple visitors and phone calls simultaneously
• Polished interpersonal skills required; must be able to work as an integral part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to keep confidential all HIPPA Office of Development and A.R.E. related information.
• Ability to follow guidelines for emergency procedures, including ability to discern when outside intervention through a 911 call is necessary.
• Ability to perform work under regular supervision, but may require the ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Must be able to work calmly amid multiple interruptions and distractions
• Emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm.
• A good sense of humor.
Special Job or Training Requirements:
• Massage/Bodywork experience preferred; basic knowledge of massage and holistic health preferred.
• Must be neat and clean in appearance; must wear appropriate business attire.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• The ability to move between buildings on uneven ground and to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators is required.
• Ability to life and carry 25 lbs. of boxes of materials/supplies and transport over uneven ground on a regular basis is required.
Equal employment opportunity for all is an essential philosophy at the A.R.E. and throughout the organization, including Atlantic University, Edgar Cayce Foundation, Cayce/Reilly School of Massage, and the A.R.E. Health Center and Spa. We will evaluate all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, color, veteran status, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources accepts cover letters + resumes only for posted job openings. Due to the high volume of applications received, Human Resources is unable to personally acknowledge the receipt of each applicant’s submission. Applications are reviewed in a timely manner and applicants will be contacted when a potential match has been determined.