Maintenance Technician II
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Title: Maintenance Technician II (OTS 19-027)
Hours: 40 hrs / week
Posting Date: 11/26/2019
Closing Date: 12/13/2019
Job Overview: Assist Facilities Manager in providing the organization with preventive and emergency maintenance ensuring normal, comfortable working conditions for staff with minimum disruption. Coordination of all relocating plans, to include providing manual labor, independent of the Maintenance Superintendent’s assistance.
Position affects long-range space needs of the organization and environmental conditions for both staff and general public. Position regularly deals with outsiders and all levels within the organization. Note: Position contingent upon satisfactory background check.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Provide assistance to Facilities Manager as assigned, delegated, and/or scheduled:
- Air conditioning and heating maintenance of all buildings on campus and off-site
- Equipment inspections and repairs
- Winterize buildings, furnace cleaning, wells and faucets secured
- Fire extinguisher checks
- Electrical and wiring work
- Plumbing for sinks, toilets, steam lines, etc.
- Roof repair
- Painting, both interior and exterior
- Remodeling, which may require on-site construction
- General maintenance to include replacing lights, locks, carpet repair, clean filters, toilets, faucets, drains, etc.
- Other duties as required.
Independent Responsibilities assigned/delegated/scheduled by Facilities Manager:
- Coordination of all relocating plans;
- Provide manual labor needed for the execution of relocating all equipment, furniture, files, boxes, etc.
- Provide regular and emergency maintenance when Facilities Manager is off premises
- Serve as back-up for Night Watchman.
- Other duties as required
Required Education/Certification and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- CFC Certification preferred (Universal)
- Two years technical training required, to include HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, electrical wiring
- Three years’ general experience in the operation and maintenance of shop equipment, tools and machinery.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Three years’ general working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing systems, electrical wiring, carpentry required;
- Requires strong mechanical aptitudes, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills; trade skills are required to handle all aspects of regular maintenance in absence of Facilities Manager;
- Good working knowledge of Windows, to include Outlook and Calendar Events, required
- Strong team participation skills required, combined with strong skills in tact, diplomacy, objectivity and problem solving as address difficult situations;
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service as dictated by priorities and objectives;
- Ability to accept daily routine scheduling as delegated by Facilities Manager;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to set priorities among competing jobs, using values of importance to the organization, departmental needs, and urgency as some of the criteria
- Ability to successfully manage occasional high levels of stress
- Ability to climb on roof and in crawl spaces to make repairs, paint, general maintenance;
- Ability to move office equipment/office furniture;
- Ability to perform snow removal tasks, shovel snow;
- Ability to stand for long periods; ability to stoop, lift, twist, bend;
- Ability to frequently lift/carry 50-75 pounds, using safety equipment as appropriate;
- Ability to comfortably climb and work from ladders 14 feet+
- Ability to be flexible, and able to respond to emergency and after business hours calls
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm
- A good sense of humor.
Special Job or Training Demands:
- Must have valid driver’s license;
- Must have clean driving record in order to be approved driver for organization by insurance carrier ;
- Ability to respond during off-duty hours on rotation basis to facility-related emergencies, security issues, inclement weather preparations or unusual demands during critical storm periods, e.g., hurricanes, ice and snow storms
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed;
- Position’s primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, for prolonged periods of time;
- Ability to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in performance of daily duties;
- Ability to carry, push and/or pull moderate/heavy amounts of weight (25-50 lbs.);
- Must be comfortable with heights with ability to routinely walk between buildings on uneven ground, to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators.
Equal employment opportunity for all is an essential philosophy at the A.R.E. and throughout the organization, including Atlantic University, Edgar Cayce Foundation, Cayce/Reilly School of Massage, and the A.R.E. Health Center and Spa. We will evaluate all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, color, veteran status, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources accepts cover letters and resumes only for posted job openings. Due to the high volume of applications received, Human Resources is unable to personally acknowledge the receipt of each applicant’s submission. Applications are reviewed in a timely manner and applicants will be contacted when a potential match has been determined.