To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Social Media and Public Information Assistant
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Posting Date: 12/07/2022
Closing Date: 12/08/2022
The Social Media and Public Information Assistant works with the Public Information team offering support for the organization’s public information initiatives, specifically related to social media and content creation. Responsible for creating dynamic social media content and the day-to-day management of the organization’s social media accounts. This also includes providing administrative support for additional Public Information initiatives as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience with digital graphic design and micro video production. Be an excellent communicator and creative writer, have experience managing multiple social media pages, and analyzing analytics. Experienced in managing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok platforms
Position is contingent upon satisfactory passing of standard background check.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Creating consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
- Working with the Public Information team to develop social media content plans that are consistent with the organization’s brand and needs
- Consistently producing a range of content for all platforms in varying formats including graphics, videos, blogs, reels, and more as needed
- Creating content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on organization’s pages, and encourages audience participation
- Managing and moderating a high volume of daily social media posts
- Communicating with social media followers, including responding to comments, and messages in a timely manner
- Creating posts to include relevant keywords for search engine optimization
- Staying up to date on new trends and best practices to incorporate on social media plan
- Supporting the Public Information team with PI requests as needed including managing Google search listings, adding events to online calendars, providing backup support for enews or web requests as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year direct experience in relevant position
- Any combination of education and experience totaling a minimum of two (2) years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with major social media platforms and social media management tools especially Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter
- Experience and Knowledge with graphic design and design fundamentals
- Willingness to learn microvideo production including some video editing skills
- 2 years of work experience in social media content creation
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and creativity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, copywriting and editing experience preferred
- Strong computer skills (Google Apps, Microsoft Suite, Content Management Systems, HTML, Dreamweaver)
- Excellent organization and time-management skills required, with the ability to manage competing deadlines
Special Job or Training Demands:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends on occasion.
Scope and Impact of the position:
- This position acts continuously as a representative of the A.R.E. as an organization; must project a positive image as reflected by the philosophy of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings
- Administration of organization’s websites and digital content marketing has a direct effect on organization’s image and its ability to generate income via online sources, accomplishment of goals/mission, and financial health of organization.
- The ability to move between buildings on uneven ground and to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators is required.
- Ability to sit for periods of time looking at computer screen; manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse;
- Position requires occasional evening/weekend work and participation outside of defined activities
- Good physical stamina required; may require movement between buildings, including walking on uneven ground, using staircases in historical buildings without elevators.
Equal employment opportunity for all is an essential philosophy at the A.R.E. and throughout the organization, including Atlantic University, Edgar Cayce Foundation, Cayce/Reilly School of Massage, and the A.R.E. Health Center and Spa. We will evaluate all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, color, veteran status, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.