To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Title: Warehouse/Inventory Administrator
Hours: 40 hrs / week
Posting Date: 12/07/2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Monitor product inventory levels and coordinate the centralized purchasing, receiving and transfer of inventory, which includes maintenance of inventory database. Provide mail service for all outbound mail and in-house mail/package delivery services. Pack and ship all outbound direct mail and trade orders.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Perform all duties for packing and shipment of trade and retail orders
- Sort, weigh, meter all USPS and UPS packages and letter mail; monitor and maintain adequate monies on USPS meter and meter supplies;
- Keep up-to-date with any changing rules, rates and regulations with USPS and UPS; communicate applicable changes with staff;
- Perform updates on shipping stations with most current Street Smart software;
- Perform month-end balancing and closing out of Pitney Bowes mail machine;
- Prepare all foreign orders using USPS Online;
- Other related duties, as needed or requested.
- Maintain inventory database and existing information, to include entering new information;
- Monitor inventory; collaborate with Director on respective order quantities;
- Create purchase orders in QuickBooks; enter inventory receipts into Aptify upon receipt of product;
- Coordinate and transfer needed inventory from offsite warehouse to main warehouse; insure the control and security of entire inventory;
- Enter trade/wholesale orders into Aptify; download online trade orders from SPS Commerce, Amazon and process outbound shipment info on same;
- Pack and ship all trade and retail orders; Enter trade/wholesale returns into Aptify;
- Communicate any inventory/vendor issues (i.e., backorders, out of stock, etc.) to director.
- Participate in periodic physical inventory working with Director and auditors.
- Protect the assets of A.R.E. through the secure handling of keys and money;
- Other related duties, as needed or requested.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in shipping/warehousing, office management operations, and inventory management required.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with personal computer systems (Windows XP, Firefox Mozilla & Microsoft Office) required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of UPS and USPS rules/regulations for mailing Domestic & Foreign letters & packages is essential to job performance;
- Knowledge of shipping, receiving and inventory procedures; methods of invoicing, including discounts and taxes is required;
- Requires good working knowledge of A.R.E. resources and available services;
- Strong interpersonal skills in problem solving, tact, diplomacy, and objectivity required.
- Excellent communication skills required -- oral, written, listening -- to exchange information with a variety of individuals.
- Excellent organization, project management, and time-management skills required, with demonstrated ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) required;
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently while working under broad supervision, utilizing independent judgment;
- Required ability to provide a high level of service, display positive disposition toward helping others; maintain a strong customer focus with demonstrated enthusiasm/respect in working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Cooperative, professional, teamwork attitude required as position regularly deals with all levels within the organization and with outside vendors.
- Ability to set priorities among competing jobs required, using values of importance to the organization, departmental needs, and urgency as some of the criteria;
- Requires close attention to detail and an even temperament when interacting with team members, other staff members and outside vendors;
- Work requires a high level of analytical ability while performing arithmetic computations accurately with ease;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to stock shelves.
- Ability to move packages, inventory, supplies and stock on a daily basis.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity – demonstrating adaptability, engagement and enthusiasm.
- A good sense of humor.
Special Job or Training Demands:
- Valid Virginia driver’s license required;
- Driving record to be submitted to A.R.E. insurance carrier as approved driver for company business.
Scope and Impact of the position:
- This position’s performance has direct impact on organization’s finances.
- Ability to perform physical activities on a daily basis, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted); bending, standing, climbing or walking is required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods during the majority of the workday is required.
- Ability to move between buildings on uneven ground and to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators is required.
Equal employment opportunity for all is an essential philosophy at the A.R.E. and throughout the organization, including Atlantic University, Edgar Cayce Foundation, Cayce/Reilly School of Massage, and the A.R.E. Health Center and Spa. We will evaluate all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, color, veteran status, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.