A.R.E. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Joining and Membership Questions:
Products, Services, and Activities Questions:
Q: Where can I find my ID number?
A: Your ID number is the seven-digit number located above your name on the mailing label affixed to most mailings that come from A.R.E. If you are an online emember, you should have received an e-mail from us with your permanent ID number.
Q: How can I order books, tapes, and videos?
A: You can order through our online ARECatalog.com or call us toll-free, 800-333-4499.
Q: I'm thinking of joining A.R.E. What are the benefits and services?
A: Benefits of joining A.R.E. include a quarterly magazine and newsletter, complete access to the Edgar Cayce readings online database, special pricing and discounts on events, products, and services, and exclusive access to special media (video and audio) content. To learn more, visit the Why Join? section of our website.
Q: I am an A.R.E. eMember, but I have decided I'd like to receive my Venture Inward magazine in the mail. Can I change that?
A: Yes, you can. You will need to convert your eMembership into a "traditional" membership, which is a price difference of $8. Please call a Membership Specialist directly at 800-333-4499, or 757-428-3588, ext. 0.
Q: Can I change from a regular "traditional" membership to an A.R.E. eMembership?
A: Yes, you can. You can sign up for eMembership by phone, through the mail, or online. As soon as we receive your eMembership order, we will switch your current membership over to online-only and renew you for 12 months of eMembership. This means your membership will have an immediate and positive effect on the environment as you will no longer receive mail from us.
Q: How can I find some of the items/health care products mentioned in the readings?
A: The official supplier of health-related items mentioned in the Cayce readings is Baar Products. You can find information about them by clicking Cayce Care Products on their home page, or by calling their toll-free number at 800-269-2502.
A: Visit our Sign-up Page and you can choose to receive special offers and discounts from a variety of A.R.E. services and departments, including our catalog.
Q: What do I do if I want treatment along the lines suggested by the Cayce readings?
A: The A.R.E. Health Center & Spa offers Cayce Health Consults to A.R.E. members and non-members. Schedule these appointments online or by calling 757-457-7202.
Q: Can I get a psychic reading from A.R.E.? / Where can I find a professional intuitive?
A: The A.R.E. holds regular Psychic Fairs through our A.R.E. Bookstore & Gift Shop at our Virginia Beach headquarters. To learn more and see our schedule, visit our Psychic Fair events page. In addition, the bookstore also hosts psychics in their store on Saturdays.
A.R.E.'s Conferences offer regular programs on personal psychic development through both our Virginia Beach Headquarters as well as throughout the U.S.A.), and we offer a variety of related products in our online catalog at ARECatalog.com. Remember, Edgar Cayce encouraged us to be our own psychic!
Q: How can I request prayer from A.R.E.?
A:To learn more, visit the A.R.E. Prayer Services section of our website under Our Work.
Q: How can I stop having unwanted psychic experiences?
A: According to Edgar Cayce, there are genuine levels of awareness beyond the perception of most individuals. These levels of awareness are closely associated with the realm of dreams, thoughts, and ideas--states that we may normally associate with the subconscious. Oftentimes individuals can become prone to perceiving these extended states through one form of trauma or another: abuse, alcoholism, severe stress, physical injury to the nervous system or spine, drug addiction, self-starvation, automatic writing, or exploring levels of the mind without the proper background, safety precautions or intent.
When Edgar Cayce counseled individuals about how to deal with unwanted psychic experiences–experiences that may include such things as feeling the presence of a ghost, sensing that someone is invading your thoughts psychically, hearing voices, picking up on unwanted psychic information, etc.–his suggestions included a variety of approaches designed to bolster the body's natural defenses, physically, mentally and spiritually:
- Consider seeing an Osteopath or Chiropractor to make certain there has not been a spine issue that is causing pressure on the nervous system. Oftentimes, individuals unknowingly open themselves up to other realms of "reality" because of a spinal injury or problem.
- Eat a healthy well-balanced diet. Do not skip meals or eat poorly. One of the easiest ways to continue having problems at the mental-emotional level is to abuse the physical systems of the body.
- Give the mind plenty of uplifting (oftentimes spiritually-focused) material to read. Literature might include self-help books, uplifting poetry, the Torah, the New Testament, etc. Cayce often stated, "the mind is the builder"–what we focus upon becomes a part of us.
- Work with prayer, imagine surrounding yourself with a "white light of protection" whenever you feel troubled by an experience. You can also ask friends, family, a minister, or a Rabbi to pray with and for you.
- Refuse to become fascinated by the experiences. Quite frequently individuals must get over their intrigue of the experience–in spite of their aversion to it–before healing can take place.
- Find a sympathetic counselor or therapist with whom you can talk. This therapist should probably be familiar with Jungian psychology, the paranormal, or at least be open to the unknown.
For your information, you may also wish to read further on the subject in such works as The Psychic Sense, an Edgar Cayce Series book.
Q: Does the A.R.E. offer dream interpretation?
A: We have a Dream Group on the social networking site Facebook. If you are not a member of Facebook, you may need to register to participate. Registration is free. You can share your dreams and share your insights on the dreams posted by others. Our volunteer staff here at A.R.E. will also be posting their insights based on the book by Kevin J. Todeschi, Dream Images & Symbols. Please note that our dream interpretations should not be considered a replacement for any type of counseling, legal advice, or medical diagnosis.
To join our online dream group, visit Facebook. In addition, we have several resources to help you interpret your own dreams under the Dreams section of our website. We also have a Dream Dictionary app.
Edgar Cayce said that we are our own best dream interpreter!
Q: Has Edgar Cayce reincarnated/returned? Did Edgar Cayce predict his return (in 1998)?
A: This question has come up very frequently–with individuals claiming to either be Edgar Cayce himself or stating that they are in communication with Edgar Cayce. At the present time, A.R.E. does not believe that Edgar Cayce has returned.
Part of the reason that individuals may be asking the question in the first place is because of a reading that suggested Edgar Cayce could return in 1998. Let us look at a couple of possibilities regarding what this might mean:
- Cayce would literally return in the flesh in 1998. If literal, does this mean that he was born around 1998, or does this mean that he would make his presence known in 1998? The important thing to remember is that even if Edgar Cayce did return, he is not necessarily going to pick up his life as "Edgar Cayce." He would have a new life with new opportunities and new lessons. We can find an example of this in the Bible dealing with the reincarnation of Elijah as John the Baptist. Jesus stated that John was, in fact, the reincarnation of Elijah. Edgar Cayce also confirmed the same thing in his readings. However, when John was asked straightforward, "Are you Elijah?" He replied, "No, I am John." In other words, the personality does not reincarnate, only the soul entity (or the true individuality) returns.
- Many people believe that Edgar Cayce's material would begin to return to the spotlight around 1998–making more and more individuals aware of the wealth of helpful insights he left behind. Interestingly enough, in December 1997 the A&E's Biography did a program on Edgar Cayce's life. At around the same time, a 26-week series on Edgar Cayce's life and work called The New Millennium starting airing on the Wisdom Cable Channel. Sidney Kirkpatrick's biography, Edgar Cayce: An American Prophet was released and A.R.E. launched a major website, attracting tens of thousands of "hits" per month. All of these things have certainly helped to heighten an awareness of the Cayce information.
Another important consideration is that oftentimes, in the process of a "soul awakening,"; individuals have memories and feelings from the past that somehow come to the surface in the present. Part of our challenge in this process is sorting through all of the images, memories, and feelings, attempting to separate reality from metaphor.
In other words, sometimes individuals have such strong feelings and images about a particular person and/or place that they begin to associate personally with those memories. Generally, memories of this nature are not literal. Most often, these feelings and images should be associated with what the person/place really means to us in the present. In other words, what is it about the individual or the time period in history that touches us very deeply at a soul level?
Sometimes, individuals were actually associated with a famous person in a past life and came to revere that person. The result is that in this incarnation the individual has a strong sense of familiarity with that "famous" soul. In fact, frequently this familiarity becomes so strong that the individual in the present begins to think they were actually that person from the past.
With this in mind, it is very likely that individuals who think that they are the return of Edgar Cayce actually had a close association with him (and his work) in one of his past incarnations. According to his own readings, his soul had been very active in doing a similar work in at least three additional time periods: Atlantis, Ancient Egypt, and Palestine.
All of this said, frequently individuals have still been so convinced that they are either the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce or in communication with him, that we have often asked them to respond to several questions that only Edgar Cayce would know the answer to. At this point in time, no one has ever answered any of the questions correctly.
A: If you enter your Member ID number and are not able to access the member section, you should see an error message with the reason and how to resolve it. If you do not see an error message, it may be a browser conflict. You may want to upgrade the version of browser. We have had a number of conflicts reported by AOL users, you may want to try and alternate browser or update AOL.
A: If you have a general question about A.R.E. and our website, please visit our Contact Us page.