Graduate Programs - How To Apply
All graduate admissions packages require:
- Completed program Application
- Official transcripts sent directly from the awarding institution to Atlantic University:
Office of Admissions
215 67th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- International degrees must be evaluated for a course-by-course equivalency by a credential evaluating agency. The Office of Admissions can assist the student in locating an agency for this process.
- An admissions essay, details below. The essay must be typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 font, and emailed as a Word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A completed Graduate Financial and Enrollment Agreement emailed to the applicant upon application confirmation; scanned and returned to admissions.
- A completed Electronic Device Usage Agreement emailed to the applicant upon application confirmation; scanned and returned to admissions.
- A non-refundable $50 application fee, paid at the time of application.
- In addition to the above-stated requirements, the Mindful Leadership degree and the Mindful Leadership Graduate certificate requires the submission of a current resume or CV.
Graduate Program Essay Requirements
In an original essay of at least 1000 words, address the following:
- What prompted you to choose Atlantic University for your graduate studies?
- What are your professional, personal, and educational goals? How will this program help you achieve those goals?
- Given the nature of distance education and utilizing an online classroom management system, weekly discussion posts, and a digital library, explain how you are prepared to meet the demands of the online education environment, including staying self-motivated and independently organized.