Acupuncture is a modality of Chinese medicine that originated over 2,000 years ago. The goal of this healthcare system is to activate your innate healing abilities and to strengthen and support the body to prevent future illness.
Qi, or energy, nourishes and circulates throughout the body via pathways. If the circulation of qi is disrupted, pain or illness will occur. Stimulating specific points on these pathways can balance the free flow of qi, reducing symptoms and increasing overall health.
Chinese medicine is a holistic medicine that treats the mind, body, and spirit. It is recognized by leading health organizations to treat a variety of conditions including :
- anxiety, depression, PTSD and other similar problems
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- chronic fatigue
- chronic pain, including fibromyalgia and low-back pain
- common cold
- constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, and other digestive problems
- eye and facial problems like sinusitis, facial palsy and trigeminal neuralgia
- infertility (male and female), menopause, menstrual irregularity and PMS
- sleep disorders
Your first treatment will last about 90 minutes. Your practitioner will review your medical history, palpate the channels, look at your tongue, and feel the pulse. She may perform a physical exam if necessary. Based on the findings, your practitioner will discuss a treatment plan with you which will include inserting needles, and may include adjunct therapies like Tui Na, cupping, gua sha, qi gong, nutritional advice, and herbs - at no additional charge.
Chiropractic and Integrative Cayce/Reilly Therapy
Our Cayce/Reilly Chiropractors have years of experience and training in integrating principles of chiropractic care, manual therapy, and healing methods suggested in the Edgar Cayce readings. They apply this understanding when providing "integrative therapy" to you. Your first appointment for chiropractic/manual therapy at the Health Center & Spa must be the initial chiropractic appointment.
As recommended in the Cayce readings, this treatment addresses the whole body by integrating Cayce/Reilly massage and spinal manipulation in a gentle, relaxing manner. Each treatment will correct misalignments of the spine and joints, release muscular tension, and balance/coordinate the nervous system. The doctor will perform an initial, holistic examination during the first appointment, and then give Cayce-based recommendations along with each treatment.
Consider this: the billions of nerves that emerge from your brain and spinal cord govern every part of your body; your body uses this system to organize, adapt, and balance the energy of your body, mind, and spirit; this integrative chiropractic/manual therapy promotes health by communication between the nervous system and all other structures and organs, and by improving movement, circulation and lymph flow within the body. Book now to receive this advanced, Cayce-based approach to spinal and neurological challenges.
Holistic Fertility Therapy
This treatment is to aid those women who have had trouble in the past trying to conceive, with or without assistance from doctors, or for those who are ready to start a family and would like to provide an ideal environment in which conception is effortless.
This treatment is not intended to replace any traditional medical treatments that the client is receiving, and can be a complement to the current healthcare.
Your appointment starts with a brief consultation with a certified fertility massage specialist. In this treatment, we incorporate one of Edgar Cayce's remedies, the castor oil pack, to support colon and digestive health by increasing circulation and improving immune function. Cranio-Sacral therapy is added to help balance and align the central nervous system. Foot reflexology stimulates the reproductive reflex points located on the feet. Acupressure will also facilitate the balancing and can allow to open up any blocked channels or meridians. All of these modalities are done in conjunction with a fertility-focused massage, which brings it all together in a 90 minute session.
For best results, three treatments can be done between days 5-12 of a women's menstrual cycle. This is not mandatory, however, and this appointment can be customized to each woman's needs.
If pregnancy does occur, prenatal massages are recommended
Psychotherapy can help you find your true joyous self. The Cayce readings emphasize that "mind is the builder, " and our providers can lead you to recognize and explore self-defeating thoughts that hold you back. Our clinical psychotherapy is enriched by Dr. Joy Bloom's advanced training in Dreamwork, Body Psychology, Guided Imagery with Music, EMDR, Trauma Release, Addictions Counseling, Breathwork, and Expressive Therapies, especially movement and voice.
Hypnosis is a state of relaxation and focused concentration. In this state you can utilize suggestions for behavioral change. Hypnosis is not sleep; you will remember everything. We experience hypnosis naturally each day as we go in and out of sleep. The hypnotherapist uses our natural ability to access this state. In fact, hypnosis has been shown to be a safe, effective way to help improve your mental and physical wellbeing and it has been endorsed by the American Medical Association as a valid therapeutic tool since 1958. Hypnosis can help focus the body, mind and spirit to:
- Explore your inner soul consciousness through past-life regression.
- Investigate karmic relationships and your life's path
- Guide the life journey and aid in connecting with your inner wisdom
- Improve self-esteem
- Lower your stress
- Change your eating habits for weight management
- Improve your ability to focus and prioritize
- Improve your study skills
- Conquer negative habits, such as smoking or other lifestyle issues (GROUP SESSIONS AVAILABLE)
- Foster healing of body, mind, and spirit
- Past Life Regression Hypnotherapy for personal growth and awareness
- Spiritual Regression Hypnotherapy (Life In Between Lives) for increased insight into the soul's journey and your spiritual evolution.
Our Licensed Professional Counselor, Betty Davis, can provide support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, grief, stress management, body image issues and creative blocks. Many people also find that counselors can be an incredible asset to managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, and the entanglements of daily life. Your sessions here can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or point you in the direction of a solution. Some of the benefits available include:
- Achieving a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the questions or concerns that led you to seek counseling
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional stresses
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and enhancing self-confidence
Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.