Donate Your IRA Minimum Required Distribution to A.R.E.!
If you are 70 1/2 or older, this would enable you to donate up to $100,000 of your IRA to A.R.E. TAX-FREE!
Important details about this opportunity:
- Individuals must be 70 1/2 or older
- The distribution must be rolled over (transferred) directly from your IRA to the A.R.E.
- The maximum tax-free distribution you can make in one year is $100,000
- The amount rolled over to a charity will count toward your required minimum distributions for the year
- Use this online tool to estimate the amount you are supposed to take out of your IRA and decide how much you would like to give back to A.R.E.
- If you have already given from your IRA this year, request a tax acknowledgement letter.
Our Office of Philanthropy staff are available to discuss your questions about donations or your Legacy Giving needs! Call us today, or complete our Contact Us form to send an email.
A.R.E. Office of Philanthropy
215 67th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451-2061
Direct line: 757-457-7165
Toll Free (USA and Canada only): 1-800-333-4499