What is Cranial Sacral Release Therapy?
Cranial Sacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on approach that releases tensions deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction and improve whole-body health and performance.
Using a soft touch which is generally no greater than 5 grams – about the weight of a nickel – practitioners release restrictions in the soft tissues that surround the central nervous system. Cranial/sacral release therapy is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and it's effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction.
Cranial Sacral Release Therapy 2 helps reset the nervous system for healing through gentle manual techniques that focus on using the bones as handles to free up soft tissue and are based on science and bioenergetics. This course will take your Cranial Sacral palpating and treatment skills to another level, including examining and treating the cranial sacral components and mechanisms of the face. We will also explore full body presence for the therapist and the client.
- Review and reinforce your ability to feel Cranial Sacral movement.
- Practice how to palpate and follow the body’s Cranial Sacral movements into restrictive patterns and how to help them release.
- Discuss the bones, suture and landmarks of the face and intra-oral cavity and their role in the Cranial Sacral system.
- Learn techniques to release strain patterns in the face and jaw and shift stress and disjunction.
- Explore mouth work techniques for releasing strain patterns inside the oral and nasal cavities.
- Practice and receive a protocol specifically for the face and cranium.
215 67th Street
Virginia Beach, Va 23451
In her early twenties she studied subtle energies, yoga and alternative health practices. She soon progressed to neuromuscular, Myofascial, and craniosacral therapy with an emphasis on relieving pain. Linda has extensively trained in the St. John method of Neuromuscular and Upledger system of craniosacral therapy. She has presented at the Cayce/Reilly® School of Massotherapy, the Subtle Energy Institute, the Body Energy Institute, Yogaville, and at the AMTA state conference. She is a certified yoga instructor and maintains a private practice in Virginia Beach, Virginia.