The Edgar Cayce Health Database
ULTRA-VIOLET LIGHT THERAPY AND ANIMATED ASH
Edgar Cayce often recommended animated ash and ultra-violet light therapy for persons suffering from cancer. The readings stated that the animated ash would increase the oxygen in the body and assist the immune system in fighting the cancer.
Here is an excerpt from a reading given for a man suffering from lung cancer.
First begin with the Animated Ash; one-eighth grain taken internally each day. Empty the powder dry on tongue and wash down with water. Do not take IN the capsule.
Every OTHER day, three to five minutes after the dose of Ash has been taken, apply the ultra-violet ray over those portions of the cerebrospinal system that govern the lower lungs. This should be NOT the carbon, but the hand lamp may be used - but preferably the mercury or quartz light; and this at least thirty-six to forty-two inches (36" to 42") from the body, this dependent upon the reaction of the body to same. Do not over redden the body, because more superficial than the deeper activity - but about a minute and a half to two minutes, dependent upon the reaction. This is only to be applied every other day, you see, in a manner that there may be loosened those influences that will allow more oxygen to act upon the blood stream; thus making for a purification in same that will aid in establishing help for the system. The light given following the Ash, every other day, is to cause the atomic forces in the Ash to react upon the blood stream; SENDING, then, as it were, these destroyer forces in the leukocytes of the system to destroy tissue that has become - as indicated - involved throughout the system, causing many twists and many activities to the organs themselves. (1070-1)
Based on this and other readings which recommended animated ash the ultra-violet lamp, here are some typical suggestions to keep in mind when using this therapy. Work with your physician in adapting these guidelines to your specific condition:
- Take the prescribed dosage of animated ash. Empty the powder dry onto the tongue and wash down with water. Do not swallow the capsule - only the ash.
- Wait for 3 - 5 minutes after taking the animated ash before applying the ultra-violet light.
- Apply the ultra-violet light for only 1 1/2 minutes.
- Often, the ultra-violet light was to be applied to the upper area of the back opposite the lungs.
- Keep the lamp between 36 - 42 inches away from the body depending upon the reaction of the skin. If there is reddening, move the lamp further away.
- Be careful with the ultra-violet light as improper use can result in severe burns.
- Follow the safety instructions that come with the unit.
Note: The above information is not intended for self-diagnosis or self-treatment. Please consult a qualified health care professional for assistance in applying the information contained in the Cayce Health Database.